View Full Version : New member of the 76 family

d’76
10-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Before you here it somewhere else and the gossip begins Girlmate and I have had an addition to our family........

Yes Sir re, A brand spaken new Tungsten E2, We now feel like a complete family. I have waited for this day for a long time. I feel like a responsible adult now.

Mom, I mean Girlmate, I mean Constance is as excited as I. I would like celebrate this joyous occasion by well having a beer, I would like for all of us fellow cachers to celebrate this day by tipping a glass today or a can(depends on your style).

See you on the trails

Dave:)

Kaching Karen
10-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Congratulations to the new addition to the family! You are now geocaching geeks. Maybe some day, yes some day, I too will have the joy that you are sharing together with my own Tungsten E2. (Tears flowing).

J_Cyr
10-10-2005, 03:17 PM
You guys crack me up. Cheers! I tip my glass to that one!:D

robt
10-10-2005, 03:26 PM
LOL, Keep this up and I an going to have to think about getting a new addition myself, hmm can I trade in my old HP jornadia????? :) I will have a Glass for you though in celibration.. :)

Team2hunt
10-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Before you here it somewhere else and the gossip begins Girlmate and I have had an addition to our family........

Yes Sir re, A brand spaken new Tungsten E2, We now feel like a complete family. I have waited for this day for a long time. I feel like a responsible adult now. Dave:)

Just wait til it has needs...... batteries and more batteries, those late night trips for more batteries. Then someday they'll disappoint yah, it wont come in, at all. You'll feel deserted and alone. Wait til you drop him. They can be so vulnerable. Or someboby else wants to hold him. Can you let go Dave..... can yah. Hope you're very happy. I've had a couple for you and girlmate and the new addition. :eek: :D :p Too bad it wasn't twins.

FFFarmer
10-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Congrats Dave and Connie on your new addition, are you going to pass out cigars??? Someday when I upgrade to a Tungsten I'll know who to call for GeoTech Support. :rolleyes:

Tink
10-10-2005, 09:13 PM
foolis foolish people...now just think late night feedings weekend trips..battery changes very day...hehehehe....wooo hooo real live geo geeks....love ya guys...:p

Hiram357
10-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Here's to ya! I Quit drinking beer (tonight) So I'm tipping my wine glass to ya!! And whats with you people usin all these GPS things?? I can't afford that kinda stuff, I break out the rulers and pencils and plot out the tick marks in my Main Atlas! *hicup* :D

covefarm
10-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Glad that you cleared things up before the gossip caused a realy stir in the geocaching community. Have fun. Barbara;)

tat
10-11-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm always available for 'sitting.

Congrats!

d’76
10-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Can you beleive it???!!! Twins I'm so excited.....

Monday I went into Best Buy to purchase the E2 and wouldn't you know it, they where out of stock. I the girl at the counter asked me If I would like to order one, I said yes and paid for it in full and it would be here at the end of the week. Later that day I found it at staples cheaper and instock. I purchased that one and went to Best Buy to cancell the order. I got a refund and all was well. Today I get home from work and there is a box on the steps........

I open the box and a brand new E2, I now have two. I went to Best Buy.com and sure enough paid in full and refunded in full.
Now, what do I do???? Satan Dave stepped in and said keep it, Corprate America will never notice then ethical caching Dave stepped in and kicked his ass!! I called best buy and explained what happened and will return it this weekend.:o

Hiram357
10-14-2005, 07:44 AM
Can you beleive it???!!! Twins I'm so excited.....

Monday I went into Best Buy to purchase the E2 and wouldn't you know it, they where out of stock. I the girl at the counter asked me If I would like to order one, I said yes and paid for it in full and it would be here at the end of the week. Later that day I found it at staples cheaper and instock. I purchased that one and went to Best Buy to cancell the order. I got a refund and all was well. Today I get home from work and there is a box on the steps........

I open the box and a brand new E2, I now have two. I went to Best Buy.com and sure enough paid in full and refunded in full.
Now, what do I do???? Satan Dave stepped in and said keep it, Corprate America will never notice then ethical caching Dave stepped in and kicked his ass!! I called best buy and explained what happened and will return it this weekend.:o

DAVE NOOO!!!! Satan Dave was right!! corporate america wouldn't miss it at all!! if it was that heavy on your concience i would be more then willing to take the burden off your hands... :D

Cache Maine
10-14-2005, 08:23 AM
I called best buy and explained what happened and will return it this weekend.:o

They should give it to you just for being honest. :D

Hiram357
10-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Return a purse to an old lady, she gives ya $1, return a mis-sent item to big corporation, they say thanks loser, jack up the price for restocking charges and sell it to the next guy. Honesty has it's ups and downs, thats when that good judgement thing comes into play... stick it to the man dave, tell best buy that youll sell it back to them! (at 20% over value for your services protecting the item until they could have it sent back)

Haffy
10-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Just my thoughts ,but good things come to those who do good things. What goes around comes around. You did the right thing Dave and my hat is off to yah.:)

WhereRWe?
10-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Honesty has it's ups and downs, thats when that good judgement thing comes into play...

"Honesty is the best policy", PERIOD.

There is NO justification for less. If you don't like the way a company does business, don't do business with them. They never "owe" you anything, and stealing from them just proves that you're worse than they are.

IMHO...

:D :D :D

Mainiac1957
10-14-2005, 01:43 PM
You did the RIGHT thing. Good to see it, not that I ever thought otherwise of you. Later, Brad

Hiram357
10-14-2005, 02:11 PM
(just a self realization and a side note, that sarcasm is hard to portray in text) but i think Haffy said it best, the karma thing works. For example a guy working for my Dad (a pretty nice guy) quit and stole some of his customers, tools, ect... a week later somebody stoll his 4wheeler off the back of his truck, in front of his house, with his trailer hooked to the back of the truck!! now if that's not an open and shut case of what goes around comes around, then i dont know what is :D