View Full Version : Adios Amigo!

parmachenee
10-12-2005, 03:37 PM
I'd like to say "good-bye" to our good friends and well-known friends of the caching community of Maine...EGSG...Ed and Sharon who are on their way to Texas. Happy trails and happy caching. We hope you enjoy your new home and look forward to a visit from you next summer. We'll be following your logs to see what interesting predicaments you encounter. Good luck!:D

WhereRWe?
10-12-2005, 04:41 PM
We add our best wishes to you as well. We enjoyed talking to you at caching events, and usually being behind you on the caching trail! We hope to get to Texa ssomeday, and will depend on you you have a "cold one" waiting. ;) ;)

Haffy
10-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Best of luck to you guys,I still remember the first time we met at the Boxboard Mill cache here in Fairfield and I had to give you a little extra help finding the cache;) ;) ;) .Keep in touch with us Mainiacs and it has been my pleasure to be a part of this great geocaching community that you will always still be a part of. Happy Caching Haffy

Cache Maine
10-12-2005, 09:57 PM
:) It's been a pleasure to get to know you two. Best of luck in Texas, we will all surely miss you. I'll keep an eye on a couple of your caches...

Take care!

attroll
10-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Best of luck. Wish we could see you one last time out the event coming up. But we all know you are buisy. You are both wonderful people and will be very much missed by our small but growing geocaching community here in Maine. Hope you found a good home for your dog and don't be shy. You can still log onto the web site here and say Hi.

lefty
10-13-2005, 05:02 AM
Good luck. Please post here from time to time and keep us up to date.

brdad
10-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Both Lee and myself will miss you. Have fun, and come back for the events, and a few real caches!

becket
10-13-2005, 08:23 AM
i didn't get a chance to really know you, and didn't get to cache with you. but i do want to wish you the best, and a safe journey!

J_Cyr
10-13-2005, 11:58 AM
i didn't get a chance to really know you, and didn't get to cache with you. but i do want to wish you the best, and a safe journey! I agree, have a safe one!

Beach Comber
10-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Best of luck to you! Sounds like you are excited and will have lots of fun. Am sure you will miss lots of things about Maine though - the caches, the snow, the people, the cache events, and much, much more! Enjoy : )

WhereRWe?
10-13-2005, 05:59 PM
I lived in Texas for 2 1/2 years, and as I look back, I shudder to think of the culture shock EGSG will have to endure! :( :( :(

Instead of venison or moose at a BBQ, there'll probably be goat. (They don't call Texans "goat ropers" for nothing!)

Instead of Casco Bay, or Shipyard, they'll have to drink Lone Star or Pearl.

Instead of Moxie, they'll have Big Red.

Instead of fishing for trout or salmon, they'll have to settle for crappie and bluegills!

Instead of dead raccoons and skunks in the middle of the road, there'll be possum and armadillos.

Instead of watching for ticks on the cache trail, they'll be watching for rattlesnakes. (Bet they'll think twice about reaching under that rock to see if it's there... LOL!)

Sheesh! I wonder how long it will be before they're back! LOL!

we3beans
10-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Best wishes to EGSG! We'll all sure miss you, and John and I will take good care of Casey's cache and Taste of Texas.
Diana and John

FFFarmer
10-14-2005, 06:07 AM
We enjoyed meeting you at the Last Cache Bashe last month, Good Luck in your move to Texas.
Ronnie & Emily

Team Nirvana
10-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Don't let the door hit you in the a__ on the way out! LOL :D I hope you enjoy you new change of scene. Please feel free to come back here and visit often.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
10-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Best wishes to Ed and Sharon!!! Happy Caching!

Mainiac1957
10-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Ed and Sharon,
As I hit some of these NH caches seeing your name reminds me of good times had. Had a good life and hope to see you again when you're up for a visit.

Best wishes, Brad

EGSG
10-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks to all the Maine geocachers for your kind words. We have done the wedding in MA and are on our way to Texas. We are only in eastern PA now and have only done 15 caches so far. We've been skipping most of the film canisters in light poles, but the pickings are getting pretty slim. We were very happy to get the Fort Williams cache. We look foward to a trip to Maine next summer.
Ed and Sharon
P.S. Congratulations to Parmachenee!! On their new title as the No. 1 cacher in Maine.:o