View Full Version : How much Snow

J_Cyr
10-26-2005, 10:40 AM
How much snow did you get? We got about 6" in the driveway here, started last night around 5:30pm.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
10-26-2005, 11:03 AM
How much snow did you get? We got about 6" in the driveway here, started last night around 5:30pm.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha He He He He Haw Haw Haw Haw!!!!!!!!!!!!

NONE!!!

Sudonim
10-26-2005, 11:42 AM
Don't laugh too hard...you know it's coming!!!!:eek:

DiverDave1998
10-26-2005, 11:58 AM
we got 4 inches here

attroll
10-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Bring it on. I ready for snow.

blevesque
10-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Damn snow:mad: It's too early for this stuff!

J_Cyr
10-26-2005, 02:55 PM
It's normal this time of year for us though. It will come and go again and again. It should be gone and turned into to Water by Friday. Then it will come again and do the same thing, until the day it stays, usually in Early December. My Bike isn't parked yet, like to have one more ride.

J_Cyr
10-26-2005, 02:56 PM
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/234751.jpg

robt
10-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Ick!!!!!!! Snow is a four letter word :)

WhereRWe?
10-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Jordan -

Could you paint that VW bus for us? We need a "Hippie Van" for a locationless cache! LOL!

(Sorry we couldn't meet up with you when we were in Caribou yesterday - we were running REAL late, and had forgot that New Brunswick is an hour ahead of us.)

J_Cyr
10-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Nothing a little edit can't do... but you have to come up with the GPS to see my Bus.

Its ok, I had to work and I took my lunch break, wondering if you were going to call, so no big deal.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/234763.jpg

WhereRWe?
10-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Well, we got off to a late start, and didn't realize how far it was from the PI/Caribou area to Fredericton. We didn't get as many caches in The County as we wanted, and are already talking about another trip up there - probably staying in Edmunston to make it easier.

So keep the "paint" on that VW Bus! LOL!

EGSG
10-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Hi All,
We just thought we would let you all know we made it to Texas O.K. We liked hearing about the snow, :D It was 78 here today. We bought a couple of bikes this morning and thankfully there was a slight breeze so it didn't get too hot on our afternoon ride :) . We didn't get any caches today, but rather than 40 miles to our nearest unfound, we have over 500 within 10 miles. And they are not all in lamp posts! Actually, they are very creative down here. The hikes haven't been that long but Sharon is still a bit leary about walking thru the tall grass and brush, she worries about snakes. The caches are mostly 35mm canisters, or smaller, but well hidden in out of the way places. They have miles and miles of paved biking/walking trails throu out the area. So the hikes aren't very hard but the finds are very difficult. There's one about a mile from here that we have been to 3 times and haven't found it. It's a ? cache, from the parking lot you have to project a waypoint 500', and I don't know how to do that.
Stay warm, Ed and Sharon

brdad
10-27-2005, 06:42 AM
It's a ? cache, from the parking lot you have to project a waypoint 500', and I don't know how to do that.
Stay warm, Ed and Sharon

Glad to see you're enjoying the weather and are having fun.

If you know the coordinates for the parking, you can use Geocalc (http://www.fizzymagic.net/Geocaching/GeoCalc/GeoCalc.html) to project your waypoint.

Other than that, you'll have to read your manual, or reverse the bearing and walk until your GPS says you are 500' away from parking. Projecting a waypoint via GPS is simple enough, but it is not 100% accurate (often because the unit may only project in .1 mile increments) and different models use different formulas.