View Full Version : Diabolical Cacher?

WhereRWe?
11-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Watch out, BRDAD, you may have met your match! LOL!

LaughingTerry's latest cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&guid=fcacb727-d732-4052-8fc6-d4c2ca43af2b&decrypt=y&log=&numlogs=) seems like a killer!

I was pretty proud of my self when I figured out his He Said She Said (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ae35e638-c2a1-46aa-8428-c43074ee61ed) cache (am waiting to actually log the cache when RULOST2? can go with me),but I'd sure like someone to whisper a hint to me on this new one! LOL!

;) ;)

Sabby
11-02-2005, 12:31 PM
I've solved it and will be there to find the cache when I get back to Maine. I doubt that I will be FTF though.:)

Very nice Laughing Terry.

I liked solving the others too and they are on my list.

WhereRWe?
11-02-2005, 03:17 PM
OK - got my hint (no names will be mentioned!), and I have just one thing to say:

WELL DONE, TERRY!

:D :D :D

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
11-02-2005, 03:32 PM
I doubt that I will be FTF though.:)

Very nice Laughing Terry.

I liked solving the others too and they are on my list.

Are you psychic?????

becket
11-02-2005, 04:03 PM
i think i have this one figured out. i'll have to wait until i get to this area again with rickedie. oh, and thomas hardy is one of my very favorite authors! i love the poem!

Sabby
11-02-2005, 04:44 PM
The last time I was in Maine a cache got posted in the evening. I was out to the cache at 7 AM only to be 4 th finder. I doubt I can drive up from NY and beat any of you early birds. I will just be satisfied with logging it when I get there.

robt
11-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Where can I get my hint????????

Cache'n Jacksons
11-03-2005, 08:02 AM
LOL! Figured it out without a hint, very clever! :D

Sabby
11-03-2005, 12:15 PM
What no finders yet. :(

I am losing faith in all you Mainers.

I should have driven up and gotten that FTF. ;) ;) ;)

WhereRWe?
11-03-2005, 12:30 PM
What no finders yet. :(

I am losing faith in all you Mainers.

I should have driven up and gotten that FTF. ;) ;) ;)

Actually, I think we live closer to this cache that any other of the local cachers, but In return for the "hint" I got, we're not supposed to go for the FTF! LOL!

:D :D

tat
11-03-2005, 01:21 PM
I wondered if this kind of puzzle would "fly" in Maine. This one was rather easy. But, if you really want to see diabolical, I can post some advanced variations on this theme.

Smitty & Co.
11-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Hmmmmm, Terry needs Snow and he needs it now, LOL. Nicely done, now that I've solved the puzzle its just finding the time to get to it. Maybe Sabby will be the FTF after all. Go for it Sabby!!

Smitty & Co.
11-03-2005, 05:38 PM
I just looked and as far as being the FTF we're all beat. It was found by the King of FTF's Haffy and his sidekick Steve of Trezurs R' Fun. Way to go guys!!

Sabby
11-03-2005, 05:50 PM
My faith has been restored.

Congrats to Haffy6, TrezursRfun, and Raline from Maine who have all logged the cache.

In all honesty I wasn't really considering the 16 hour round trip just to be FTF.

WhereRWe?
11-03-2005, 07:10 PM
In all honesty I wasn't really considering the 16 hour round trip just to be FTF.

Sheesh! I probably live the closest to this cachce, and it's still an hour round trip for me! LOL!

(I'm probablly gona try this one tomorrow - if anyone wants to meet me in Solon and go for it, let me know - I'll respond to email or PM NLT 6 AM tomorrow).

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
11-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I just looked and as far as being the FTF we're all beat. It was found by the King of FTF's Haffy and his sidekick Steve of Trezurs R' Fun. Way to go guys!!

You mean Trezurs*-r-*Fun and his sidekick Haffy6!!!!;)

Ye Olde Prospector
11-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Speaking of FTF,

Gobbler should hit 60 FTF any day now. I already have 60 at the moment. What's your latest tally TAT ?

YOP

tat
11-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Well, believe it or not, I think I have only one real FTF!

Haffy
11-05-2005, 09:45 AM
I'll never be the FTF king as some of you refer to me as. YOP in my book is the king and with all these damn puzzle caches keep coming up I'll never get there anyway....lol. Did I say I hate puzzle caches?:confused:

WhereRWe?
11-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Well, Laughing Terry has another one for you! LOL! I know where the area is from the map - only 5 miles from my house - but I'm at a loss on the puzzle again. (Sheesh! And I JUST got back from the Uner the Waterfall cache!)

Along the Brook (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&guid=9c936dd9-c1cd-4019-ae17-23e22e952a1c&decrypt=y&log=&numlogs=)

:D :D

TwoMaineiacs
11-05-2005, 08:49 PM
We cached in L/A and Bath today and followed Gob-ler on all of them. Between him and Homeadezinahs, our chances of ever getting another FTF are zilch. FTF were never a huge goal, we have one and that will probably be it.

Beautiful day to cache even though we ended up with three DNFs. Micros are just not our thing. I think too linear to do well with puzzle caches either. Up in Bath, we ended up with three different cache groups all feeling every inch of a waterfront park pier. Locals were probably about read to call the cops.

Anne

Gob-ler
11-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Sorry I missed you folks in L/A today. As far as the FTF stuff goes I go in cycles. A very busy season is upon us here and the caching will suffer a bit.

My next goal is to get to 500 caches. If there are more FTF's so be it, but that is just a small part of my game.

Going to be placing some more caches locally and not all of them will be micros.

Look for a Christmas Cache for the kids.

Cache On!

robt
11-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Cool more caches!!!!!!! :) maybe I will finnally get a FTF???? I doubt it :( I was thinking about going out and searching for the new micro in Bath last week in the dark but sounds like it was good that I did not, I would definatly ended up in jail with my luck :)

TwoMaineiacs
11-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Wait til you find the micro on the Bath waterfront. It's totally different from anything we had seen before. It was one of those head slapping moments - like how could we have been so dumb? :rolleyes:

No caching today. Just too dreary so spent some family time with the MIL. Need to get her out on some more trails as she really enjoyed the Saco Heath one. We hope to hit 200 before the deep snows hit.

Anne

TwoMaineiacs
11-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Whoooeeee!!!! Got Gob-ler's Railroad Park cache today. We are intimately familiar with every square centimeter of that object having touched each piece multiple times. By now, you would think we've figured out how Gob-ler's mind works. Not! We immediately went over to the micro on Park Street and skunked - for the fourth time.

Thanks for making us think Gob-ler but I'm just too linear and set in my thinking ways.

Anne