View Full Version : Caches Not Hidden

DiverDave1998
11-09-2005, 11:53 AM
I went to visit my cach and found that it was not covered up again.
on my way to work i stoped in to the wing cache and that one was not covered back up as well. both these are pretty east to find for just anyone walking by. I Think We need to be covering these back up.

firefighterjake
11-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I went to visit my cach and found that it was not covered up again.
on my way to work i stoped in to the wing cache and that one was not covered back up as well. both these are pretty east to find for just anyone walking by. I Think We need to be covering these back up.

It never ceases to amaze me when I check my own caches and find the cache not hidden in the same manner as I left it . . . I've been fortunate though and each time the cache was at least hidden . . . however for the life of me I can't figure out why some geo-cachers can't seem to grasp the concept of hiding a cache in the same manner as they found it.

Slate
11-09-2005, 01:30 PM
This is one of my biggest peeves.:mad: I had a cache in Portland in a very busy area that I lost three times most likely because those who found it didn't hide it like they found it. It was in a location highly unlikely to be discovered accidentally if finders had taken the time to hide it carefully be more aware of muggles watching them.

Haffy
11-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I know the feeling as well, as I have also found my caches uncovered numerous times when doing cache maintenance. I usually try to hide the cache better than when I found it and hope that other cachers do that as well.

dí76
11-09-2005, 04:05 PM
I agree with every one, but I not sure which is worst. Leaving them uncovered or the pile of perfectly straight sticks:(

WhereRWe?
11-09-2005, 06:33 PM
I agree with every one, but I not sure which is worst. Leaving them uncovered or the pile of perfectly straight sticks:(

I agree that a cache should be covered at least as well as you found it. But many cachers - us included - do not like to make finds difficult. We don't use the "cacher's pile of sticks", but if another owner wants to, it's their cache.

:) :)

Cache'n Jacksons
11-10-2005, 07:02 AM
Maybe caches placed in high-traffic areas like that would be good candidates for members-only caches? Chances are someone paying for a Groundspeak subscription is going to have some caching experience behind them, and would understand the need to re-hide the cache the way they found it. An alternative would be to locate the cache so there is only one possible way to replace it... both of my caches are done this way.