View Full Version : Archived Caches

dí76
12-04-2005, 07:48 PM
I went to two caches today only to find that they where "missing" I got home and logged to GC only to find that they had be archived. I updated my palm last week! I logged back onto gc.com and looked at the archived dates they where over the summer. So I further went to look at my PQ, I have them set the right things but my palm says active. Any one know what gives?

WhereRWe?
12-04-2005, 07:51 PM
What were the caches?

dí76
12-04-2005, 08:03 PM
What were the caches?

Durham Bridge and Plymouth pond

dí76
12-04-2005, 08:09 PM
It only gets more weird...

I wiped out my GPS and My Palm. Not one cache left on either. I just finished adding them back to the palm and the gps. Gsak say that it has 727 new waypoints and cache mate says 762. That is state wide. Why wouldnt they add up?? I used the same PQs for each

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
12-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I went to two caches today only to find that they where "missing" I got home and logged to GC only to find that they had be archived. I updated my palm last week! I logged back onto gc.com and looked at the archived dates they where over the summer. So I further went to look at my PQ, I have them set the right things but my palm says active. Any one know what gives?

Do you use GSAK, Dave???

Smitty & Co.
12-04-2005, 08:37 PM
This is still a cache at Plymouth Pond, I found it earlier this summer. Its a micro, a small camo'd tin which I did put back. Later when logging my find, I realized that it had been archived. I already had it downloaded to my gps and didn't have the printout with me, so I really had no idea what I was actually looking for. I spent a good hour searching and finally spotted it. I fact it was the same day I ran into Mainiac1957 up on Blueberry Hill. If anyone wants to check it out I'll tell you where it is. I claimed it as a find but I don't think its even listed now.

Hiram357
12-04-2005, 09:30 PM
face it dave... your equipment is haunted. :eek:

tat
12-04-2005, 09:41 PM
I wonder if you are excluding archived caches when running the pq. If you do, gsak will not update the archived caches.

Did you try making a new database in GSAK and starting off clean?

dí76
12-05-2005, 08:30 AM
I wonder if you are excluding archived caches when running the pq. If you do, gsak will not update the archived caches.

Did you try making a new database in GSAK and starting off clean?

Yah, I was, I'm all set now. gave myself a fresh start and wiped out the GPS and Cachemate and GSAK, and did new quarries.

Thanks,

Dave:D