View Full Version : # 500 tomorrow

Haffy
12-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Who said it isn't about the numbers. Knowing I had this event cache coming up tomorrow I worked my tail off to try and make it work so I would get to 500 for the event. Well after a very lucrative Wednesday with 17 and Thursday with 4 caches I went out today for 2 more and had to travel to Augusta and Gardiner to make it to 499 and I succeeded despite the snowstorm. I think Cliff (YOP) is trying to do the same thing so we will both be celebrating 500 caches tomorrow. Doesn't seem like much to anyone from some of the other states where they have 500 caches within a 10 mile area but I tell you it's quite the feat here in Maine. I know the ones who have surpassed that mark can attest to that. Don't get me wrong they are not all from Maine, I have 6 that I got in SC while visiting my sister but that's it. And I remember every cache that I found too. I have seen so many beautiful places that I would never have seen were it not for caching. And the biggest benefit from all this is the many friends that I have made that will last me for a lifetime. Thanks to all my friends who made this possible. Happy Caching Haffy6 John Hafenecker:D

firefighterjake
12-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Who said it isn't about the numbers. Knowing I had this event cache coming up tomorrow I worked my tail off to try and make it work so I would get to 500 for the event. Well after a very lucrative Wednesday with 17 and Thursday with 4 caches I went out today for 2 more and had to travel to Augusta and Gardiner to make it to 499 and I succeeded despite the snowstorm. I think Cliff (YOP) is trying to do the same thing so we will both be celebrating 500 caches tomorrow. Doesn't seem like much to anyone from some of the other states where they have 500 caches within a 10 mile area but I tell you it's quite the feat here in Maine. I know the ones who have surpassed that mark can attest to that. Don't get me wrong they are not all from Maine, I have 6 that I got in SC while visiting my sister but that's it. And I remember every cache that I found too. I have seen so many beautiful places that I would never have seen were it not for caching. And the biggest benefit from all this is the many friends that I have made that will last me for a lifetime. Thanks to all my friends who made this possible. Happy Caching Haffy6 John Hafenecker:D

An early congrats going out to you Haffy . . . but how can you remember every cache . . . I mean I have a hard time remembering what I ate for breakfast the day before and let's not even talk about trying to remember what I wore to work the day before. :)

Sudonim
12-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Coin # 500 is one of the numbers in the drawing tomorrow too...:p

WhereRWe?
12-09-2005, 04:04 PM
An early congrats going out to you Haffy . . . but how can you remember every cache . . . I mean I have a hard time remembering what I ate for breakfast the day before and let's not even talk about trying to remember what I wore to work the day before. :)

I think Haffy must take pictures of each cache! LOL!

Congrats, Haffy. Take a weekend and go caching in New Brunswick or New Hampshire. There are some great caches there! :D :D

Ye Olde Prospector
12-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Always fun caching in a snowstorm. Got the last two today also will make #500 tomorrow too. Who says it's not about the numbers. See you tomorrow at the coin event to celebrate.:D

YOP

TwoMaineiacs
12-09-2005, 04:14 PM
An early congratulations to both Happy and YOP. Quite an accomplishment especially if you remember them all. Course I think you are both younger (a bit!). We won't make the gathering tomorrow unfortunately and will be getting our coins by postal mail. Have a good celebration - both coins and the magic #500.

Anne

Team2hunt
12-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Seems pale in comparison. Tomorrow the event will be the Teams 300th find, in less than a year too. Congrats to Haffy and YOP on their 500th. We all have alot of stories to tell.

tat
12-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Congrats to Haffy and YOP! :)

I might not get the 47 I need by tommorow :(

Haffy
12-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey way to go T2H,how the times flies when you are having so much fun huh? And you even get to share it with 2 special people in your life as well.

parmachenee
12-10-2005, 06:33 AM
500, 500, and 300!! This will be quite a celebration!!! Will see you at the cache event.

Mainiac1957
12-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Nice to see you all haven't been just sitting around goofing off. It's nice to have goals. I would really like to have been able to be hitting 500 with you today, but I just couldn't get myself there this fall. And to think John we were only 3 caches apart back in early November. Now were 50 apart again. Go figure. See you this afternoon.

Sabby
12-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Congratulations to Haffy6 and Ye Olde Prospector on #500 and to Team2hunt on #300 !!

I think that it is great that you all made the coin event a reason to celebrate. Sorry I could not have been there to celebrate with you.

Now on to the next #x00.

Beach Comber
12-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Congrats!! Many, many a good story to go along with the finds I bet. Hope you all have many more!