View Full Version : Take A Rest (I-95 Southbound)

attroll
12-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Why is Take A Rest (I-95 Southbound) (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c1600125-c121-4a18-9269-6b5c3105d751) archived? I went to it today and found it. There post says:

http://www.geocaching.com/images/icons/traffic_cone.gif December 6 by AbbysGrammy (3780 found)
It had a great run-thanks to all those who stopped by.

Cache Maine
12-10-2005, 09:31 PM
I talked with the Team today and they said that they would be archiving all their Maine caches. They had already retrieved 5 of them and were going to pick this one up on the way home.

attroll
12-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Maybe they should of made a post or asjed if anyone wanted to take them over first. No bad fealings. I was just asking.

Hiram357
12-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Maybe they should of made a post or asjed if anyone wanted to take them over first. No bad fealings. I was just asking.

I agree, I wouldn't have minded taking over a couple. Where did they have caches hidden? maybe we can rehide them??

Cache Maine
12-11-2005, 01:50 PM
There were two in Detroit, one at the memorial in town, one at the nursing home. There were three in Newport, one at the cemetary, one near a popular coffee shop, and one near a popular eating establishment. The last one was this one, that attroll was asking about, which is located at the Pittsfield Rest Area southbound.

Hope this helps.

WhereRWe?
12-11-2005, 02:12 PM
There were two in Detroit, one at the memorial in town, one at the nursing home. There were three in Newport, one at the cemetary, one near a popular coffee shop, and one near a popular eating establishment. The last one was this one, that attroll was asking about, which is located at the Pittsfield Rest Area southbound.

Hope this helps.

I, for one, would like to see a couple of these caches just go silently away:

The "one near a popular coffee shop, and one near a popular eating establishment".

;) ;) ;)

Smitty & Co.
12-11-2005, 02:31 PM
I, for one, would like to see a couple of these caches just go silently away:

The "one near a popular coffee shop, and one near a popular eating establishment".

;) ;) ;)

I'll drink to that!! :D

Hiram357
12-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Were they really that bad? I don't think I recall those ones.. I've done a few in newport and a couple turned out to be favorites. I don't remember any intown ones.

WhereRWe?
12-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Were they really that bad? I don't think I recall those ones.. I've done a few in newport and a couple turned out to be favorites. I don't remember any intown ones.

LOL! Some people like "Nashville style" caches, some don't! :D :D

Cache Maine
12-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Another update....I heard someone say at the event today that they might replace the Pittsfield Rest Area one with a TB Hotel. Also, I talked with AbbysGrammy and she has no problem with anyone putting new caches out in these spots. Nashville style or otherwise...

Hiram357
12-11-2005, 07:06 PM
LOL! Some people like "Nashville style" caches, some don't! :D :D

Ahhh sooo it's some of them type caches :rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
12-11-2005, 08:46 PM
You know... I kinda like the Christmas avatar I'm using. But after the holidays I'm thinking of changing my "permanent" avatar. I don't need to constantly "advertise" how many caches we've found. The numbers are fun - everyone likes "bragging rights" - but we don't go caching to get "more than anyone else". We do it for the exercise (which I definitely need), to see new places (which we dearly love}, and to give me an excuse to stop at all those rest areas that RULOST2? says she needs to stop at.

I think Beach Comber put it best when she said (something to the effect that...)
it doesn't matter about what you think of the cache. Someone enjoyed placing it there. I hate the "micro-in-the-lamp-post", but I'll log it if it's nearby, and I'll hope the cache owner enjoys having me find it.

Sheesh! It's supper time! I'm outta here... :D :D :D

Mainiac1957
12-12-2005, 08:18 AM
[I think Beach Comber put it best when she said (something to the effect that...)
it doesn't matter about what you think of the cache. Someone enjoyed placing it there. I hate the "micro-in-the-lamp-post", but I'll log it if it's nearby, and I'll hope the cache owner enjoys having me find it.[/QUOTE]

OK, So when did I miss this tid-bit of sage wisdom from the fabulous Judy.:) I guess I too have changed my thinking and really do agree with that sentiment. I know I'm usually proud of my hides and the time I take to place a cache. Why should anyone else feel any different? Thanks for the eye opener guys, I needed it. Bottem line is there are people that just can't do the 5/5 caches. Why should they be excluded from the fun of caching.

Beach Comber
12-12-2005, 01:05 PM
:p Clearly Brad you haven't been paying attention if you have missed all the words of wisdom that I have shared - LOL
:eek: Or is it perhaps that since you have come to know me you now tune out what I have to say - oh no!

I was thinking this morning that one of the great things I have added to my life as a result of geocaching is that I have an even greater appreciation for diversity and all that it offers. That is not to say that I don't stumble and put my blinders on once in awhile, but for the most part, I have learned a great deal about the many contributions that are made to geocaching by those who are like me and most of all those who are not like me.

I went to the event yesterday in Newport and had a great time learning about the world of urban caching. There are many challenges and great fun that can be had with micros. I will still maintain that I best like a walk through the woods to a spot I would not have seen otherwise, but I have a better understanding now of the fun that one can have placing a micro. We've see some of that creativity in Maine and I am sure it will continue to spread.

Hiram357
12-12-2005, 10:28 PM
[I think Beach Comber put it best when she said (something to the effect that...)
it doesn't matter about what you think of the cache. Someone enjoyed placing it there.

yes, that may be true that someone enjoyed putting it there... but why does that mean i have to enjoy finding it?? i mean... what if it was some lousy hide that was all hyped up in the ratings and descriptions and i was lead to think it was going to be a good adventure only to find out that it was really lame....?? cuz i've had more than a few caches i went in search of difficulty and terrain +2 and they were wheelchair accesable.... my feelings on the subject... if someone enjoys it thats great, more power to em glad they had fun doin it, but i'll probably still think it sucked. :)

Mainiac1957
12-12-2005, 11:03 PM
you if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything.

WhereRWe?
12-13-2005, 08:04 AM
you if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything.

Yeah, but I listened to Dad, who told me to "Always speak your mind".

:p :p :p

d’76
12-13-2005, 08:18 AM

I listened to my dad as well, His thoughts where you can always tell someone to @#$! off as long as you do it with a :) . However that doesn't mean that it is always called for. Yes, I beleive that everyone is entitled to there opion. I think that in these forums we have a tendency to hide behind the keyboard saying often what we wouldn't say to someones face.

And I am willing to bet that even if it did "suck" to some of us, someone in the community would have enjoyed it. There needs to be a wide variation of caches out there. THey all have there place. So if they are horrible than fine so what, we can't all have awesome caches all the time. We need the ones that are quick or just down the street or the all day adventures thats what makes caching unique.:)

Hiram357
12-13-2005, 05:14 PM

Dad usually smacked me upside the head no matter what i said... no matter what though 99% of everything i say is misinterpeted, and it all being typed usually doesn't help either :rolleyes:

firefighterjake
12-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Dad usually smacked me upside the head no matter what i said... no matter what though 99% of everything i say is misinterpeted, and it all being typed usually doesn't help either :rolleyes:

I recall being called "Hammerhead" a lot . . . similar to Archie Bunker calling Mike "Meathead."