View Full Version : What Do You Want for Christmas?

WhereRWe?
12-22-2005, 06:04 PM
What do you hope to see under the Christmas tree on christmas morning?

RULOST2? and I love to travel, and hate most over-the-air radio - and in fact often travel to areas where radio is almost non-existant. We bought each other a good Radio/CD/MP3 player for the GOCACHE Explorer (we bought a a Sirius satellite radio adapter as well). We love listening to old radio shows (Dragnet, The Whistler, Fibber McGee & Molly, etc.), and have MANY MP3 CD's of old radio shows.

We're going to have Sudonim install it for us after the New Year so we'll have it for our first trip of 2006.

:D :D :D

d’76
12-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Weeeeellllllll,

This could be one of those threads that gets carried away, so I will refrain, however if there was a brand new 500 smith and wesson under the xmas tree for me I would be very happy. I got everything that I want already so xmas is just another day for me.

BTW my dad has a satellite radio in his truck and he loves it, so i think you will like the investment.

Merry Christmas and be safe the trails are slippery,

Dave:)

attroll
12-22-2005, 07:28 PM
I will make mine short and sweet. I want a new computer but that is not going to happen. So here is what I want that could happen. Snow pants, winter gloves, blue tooth adapter for my computer and new electric razor blades.

d’76
12-22-2005, 08:29 PM
If you added all of that up and you through in a little you might be able to afford a preety good upgrade LOL:D

I will make mine short and sweet. I want a new computer but that is not going to happen. So here is what I want that could happen. Snow pants, winter gloves, blue tooth adapter for my computer and new electric razor blades.

J_Cyr
12-22-2005, 08:32 PM
So... am I the only one who wants coal?

I already got my gift. It's in the garage an air compressor.

d’76
12-22-2005, 08:35 PM
So... am I the only one who wants coal?

I already got my gift. It's in the garage an air compressor.

Thats an awesome gift, That must be quite a women!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Cache Maine
12-22-2005, 08:37 PM
I received my "big" Christmas present yesterday, a remote starter for the Expy (installed by our good friend and fellow cacher, Sudonim)...No more cold starts for me, and better yet, no more hot sticky leather seats next summer! Yea! :cool:

J_Cyr
12-22-2005, 08:37 PM
How many womEn? :D Yes, it is a great gift, Im thankfull! now... put my stocking full of coal!

Pooh and friends
12-22-2005, 08:52 PM
I want J Cyr's sexy sister in law:) :)

J_Cyr
12-22-2005, 08:55 PM
HAHAHAHA.... some people might not get that one. :cool:

blevesque
12-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Not sure what I really want this year under the tree, but I'm sure my wife got some cool things for me as she always does....

As far as satelitte radio, I have XM and LOVE IT! No more FM/AM radio for me!! :D I also have an air compressor and love that too :cool:

J_Cyr
12-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Whats wrong with the good old 8-tracks? Whats with you people!

Hiram357
12-23-2005, 12:25 AM
I want J Cyr's sexy sister in law:) :)

Do ya think she'll fit under my tree?????

firefighterjake
12-23-2005, 06:00 AM
I'm a pretty happy guy with few wants or needs so whatever my wife ends up giving me will be great . . . after all two years ago she bought me a chainsaw for Christmas -- she tends to know just what a man really wants. :) I truly am a lucky man. I have an incredible wife, good health, a decent home, a good job and a few toys (and a few bills of course) . . . I am content with my lot in life.

There are some things I would like to see for Christmas, but they're not something you could fit under a tree.

-- I would like to see a day with no fires, no car accidents and no need to call an ambulance . . . a day to give the guys I work with a break, but more important, a day when people everywhere can simply sit back and enjoy the day.

-- I would like to see those people out there who are struggling financially because of job cuts, poor health or rising expenses (think heating oil) to have some hope by realizing that there are other fellow human beings and neighbors who have taken the time and their own money to help them out a bit by buying a gift or two for their children when they may not be able to afford much to buy on their own or to simply drop off a food basket. I know that this year especially there are folks, the "working poor", who may be too proud to go on the dole or ask for hand-outs and this year they are hurting as heating oil prices and gas prices continue to remain high.

-- I would like for people of all faiths to think back on this season and remember why they are exchanging gifts -- whether it be Christian, Jew or Muslim

-- I would like people to remember our servicemen and women who are overseas and in constant peril . . . as well as the families of those men and women who have lost their lives so far . . . regardless of whether you feel the war is right or wrong

-- I would wish for everyone to have good health this year . . . good health is one of those things that so many of us take for granted until it is gone and then it is more valuable than anything.

-- I would wish for all of the people out there who have lost someone or experienced a personal tragedy this past year just a few moments of joy on Christmas. I would hope that no one is lonely or spends the day by themselves . . . unless they truly want to be alone.

-- I would wish for people to be thankful for everything they have in life and not wish for more when we realize that so many people, even right here in the US (remember Hurricane Katrina) and even in our own neighborhoods (just take a look around your own town or city) have so little . . . (not that there's anything wrong with wanting a few extra goodies though -- it wouldn't break my heart for example if I found a TV surround system or a couple PC games under the tree -- well that is if I had a tree -- my wife is working this year so we don't have one)

-- I would wish that every young boy and girl -- shoot even men and women -- would never lose the "spirit" of Christmas -- the joy and the excitement that comes with the holiday spirit. It seems as though so many people find this time of year to be a time of stress and anxiety instead of a time of great fun and celebration. It pains me to see adults who have grown up with a hard childhood and for them Christmas is never a fun time, but only a reminder of the "bad old days." It pains me almost as much to see adults who think the only real way to celebrate the holiday is to buy, buy, buy, go to every mandatory Christmas party, pageant, etc. and then decry how stressful this time of year is for them. It pains me the most however to know that despite it all there will be children this year who will have a bad Christmas and will grow up not loving this time of year like I do . . . and there will be adults who will continue to cynically view this time of year as a curse and just another reason to engage in consumerism.

-- I would wish that folks who have to work on Christmas find some time at some point to be able to celebrate the day . . . if not with their friends or family . . . at least with the folks around them

-- Last, but not least, I'll be a little selfish here . . . I'm wishing for a snowstorm or two since I really want to get out and start riding the trails.

To my fellow geo-cachers that I have "met" here and on the "hunt". . .

Merry Christmas.
Happy Hannukah.
Happy Kwanzaa.
May the spirit of this time of Ramadan be with you.
Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings.

There, I think I covered all of the bases.

Mainiac1957
12-23-2005, 07:26 AM
Thank you for your commentary. It's really, exactly just what I needed this Christmas. Merry Christmas to all, and I hope to see my friends out there soon. By the way Rick, I love what you've done to the place. Thanks!

WhereRWe?
12-23-2005, 09:11 AM
I received my "big" Christmas present yesterday, a remote starter for the Expy (installed by our good friend and fellow cacher, Sudonim)...No more cold starts for me, and better yet, no more hot sticky leather seats next summer! Yea! :cool:

Andy told me he had your car. We have remote start in the old GOCACHE Explorer (RULOST2? has it now - and starts her car from the living room while I go outside...), and it wasn't until we were shopping for the new one that we realized that you can't get them factory installed.

Which reminds me...

I got email from the owner of a cache I recently visited in New Hampshire. He told me that his license plate is GEOCACH,so if yo see that one, I know who it is! LOL!

Hiram357
12-23-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm a pretty happy guy with few wants or needs so whatever my wife ends up giving me will be great . . . after all two years ago she bought me a chainsaw for Christmas -- she tends to know just what a man really wants. :) I truly am a lucky man. I have an incredible wife, good health, a decent home, a good job and a few toys (and a few bills of course) . . . I am content with my lot in life.

There are some things I would like to see for Christmas, but they're not something you could fit under a tree.

-- I would like to see a day with no fires, no car accidents and no need to call an ambulance . . . a day to give the guys I work with a break, but more important, a day when people everywhere can simply sit back and enjoy the day.

-- I would like to see those people out there who are struggling financially because of job cuts, poor health or rising expenses (think heating oil) to have some hope by realizing that there are other fellow human beings and neighbors who have taken the time and their own money to help them out a bit by buying a gift or two for their children when they may not be able to afford much to buy on their own or to simply drop off a food basket. I know that this year especially there are folks, the "working poor", who may be too proud to go on the dole or ask for hand-outs and this year they are hurting as heating oil prices and gas prices continue to remain high.

-- I would like for people of all faiths to think back on this season and remember why they are exchanging gifts -- whether it be Christian, Jew or Muslim

-- I would like people to remember our servicemen and women who are overseas and in constant peril . . . as well as the families of those men and women who have lost their lives so far . . . regardless of whether you feel the war is right or wrong

-- I would wish for everyone to have good health this year . . . good health is one of those things that so many of us take for granted until it is gone and then it is more valuable than anything.

-- I would wish for all of the people out there who have lost someone or experienced a personal tragedy this past year just a few moments of joy on Christmas. I would hope that no one is lonely or spends the day by themselves . . . unless they truly want to be alone.

-- I would wish for people to be thankful for everything they have in life and not wish for more when we realize that so many people, even right here in the US (remember Hurricane Katrina) and even in our own neighborhoods (just take a look around your own town or city) have so little . . . (not that there's anything wrong with wanting a few extra goodies though -- it wouldn't break my heart for example if I found a TV surround system or a couple PC games under the tree -- well that is if I had a tree -- my wife is working this year so we don't have one)

-- I would wish that every young boy and girl -- shoot even men and women -- would never lose the "spirit" of Christmas -- the joy and the excitement that comes with the holiday spirit. It seems as though so many people find this time of year to be a time of stress and anxiety instead of a time of great fun and celebration. It pains me to see adults who have grown up with a hard childhood and for them Christmas is never a fun time, but only a reminder of the "bad old days." It pains me almost as much to see adults who think the only real way to celebrate the holiday is to buy, buy, buy, go to every mandatory Christmas party, pageant, etc. and then decry how stressful this time of year is for them. It pains me the most however to know that despite it all there will be children this year who will have a bad Christmas and will grow up not loving this time of year like I do . . . and there will be adults who will continue to cynically view this time of year as a curse and just another reason to engage in consumerism.

-- I would wish that folks who have to work on Christmas find some time at some point to be able to celebrate the day . . . if not with their friends or family . . . at least with the folks around them

-- Last, but not least, I'll be a little selfish here . . . I'm wishing for a snowstorm or two since I really want to get out and start riding the trails.

To my fellow geo-cachers that I have "met" here and on the "hunt". . .

Merry Christmas.
Happy Hannukah.
Happy Kwanzaa.
May the spirit of this time of Ramadan be with you.
Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings.

There, I think I covered all of the bases.

man... every time i read one of your meaningful posts i'm like "man i should say somethin too"... then i sit here staring at a blank post saying to myself.. dag nabit!! he already said everything so well!!! soo in my response to your christmas post...

DITTO

Sudonim
12-24-2005, 01:40 AM
I'm a man of simple needs.
Pedalchick, and a roaring fire.

Merry Christmas:D :D :D

Hiker Twins
12-24-2005, 10:35 AM

-- Last, but not least, I'll be a little selfish here . . . I'm wishing for a snowstorm or two since I really want to get out and start riding the trails

Please, let there be no snow until I get to work at 5am tomorrow morning and back home at 4pm and then I can enjoy Christmas with my husband when he gets home at 6:30pm... Someone has to culture all those sore throats and my husband is making sure there will be enough paper to turn into more wrapping paper, cards, etc for next year's Holidays!

Happy Holidays to all!

Cache Maine
12-24-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm a man of simple needs.
Pedalchick, and a roaring fire.

Merry Christmas:D :D :D

awwwwww....

Speaking of which, anybody know what channel the "fireplace tv" is on? A fake fireplace is good enough when you don't have the real thing! LOL