View Full Version : Gsak

dí76
12-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Well, today I completly reformatted my PC, about 6 hours later I am done. I was almost finished when I realized that I hadn't installed GSAK, I down loaded it and then noticed the unregistered portion at the top of the screen. I tore this house apart looking for a registration code. No where to be found. So with the miracle of the internet I send off an email to Clyde thinking I would here from him in a few days. About ten minutes later I get an email from him taking care of all my problems.

I wanted to take a moment and thank him for his time. He appears to be a great guy. I have had a couple of emails back and forth and he always seems pleasent. He has a great product and great customer service. He is world wide and was able to get back to me in ten minutes.

So raise your glass and say thanks to a guy that makes Geocaching possible for so many of us.

MAny thanks Clyde

Beach Comber
12-29-2005, 11:14 PM
Absolutely! He has been very responsive and helpful whenever I have had questions.

Cheers to Clyde!

becket
12-30-2005, 08:32 AM
whenever i have had to contact clyde, he has gotten back to me in minutes. what great service! and gsak is the coolest program!

tat
12-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Another reason why I like GSAK :)

Thanks, Clyde!

WhereRWe?
12-30-2005, 09:08 AM
And he's CONSTANTLY improving and upgrading the program. GSAK crashed on me once and sent an error report, and within minutes I had email from Clyde asking me to explain the crash.

Great program and great support! :D :D :D

Hiram357
12-31-2005, 12:41 AM
What is GSAK??? How is it useful??? I do paperless, I just put the coords into the GPS and take a few notes on any important things like parking, marked trails, or landowner doesn't call 9-11.... Is GSAK benificial if you dont have a PDA?

dí76
12-31-2005, 08:15 AM
What is GSAK??? How is it useful??? I do paperless, I just put the coords into the GPS and take a few notes on any important things like parking, marked trails, or landowner doesn't call 9-11.... Is GSAK benificial if you dont have a PDA?

Yup google it and see, I couldnt cache without it

WhereRWe?
12-31-2005, 08:33 AM

What??? You're not using GSAK? Sheesh! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'll even provide the link (http://www.gsak.net/)!

It's the best cache management program out there. Whatever you're using to get your wayppoints onto your GPSr, you're better off using this. And if you DO go paperless, so much the better. (I've got a Palm VII I can sell you, cheap. Works for basic paperless caching...) ;) ;)

Hiram357
12-31-2005, 05:04 PM
hmmmm... ok i downloaded it..... this might take a while :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hiram357
12-31-2005, 05:15 PM
ok.... I downloaded the the GPX file for the Accer Sachharhiuiauirreuim cache that TRF placed, did i screw somethin up?? its telling me that its 3,000 miles away... and i'm pretty sure its not that far from waterville to fairfield... :confused:

Hiram357
12-31-2005, 05:18 PM
and what is my GC.com #??????

Hiram357
12-31-2005, 05:18 PM
this is confusing, im getin a beer

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
12-31-2005, 05:22 PM
ok.... I downloaded the the GPX file for the Accer Sachharhiuiauirreuim cache that TRF placed, did i screw somethin up?? its telling me that its 3,000 miles away... and i'm pretty sure its not that far from waterville to fairfield... :confused:

Its right if you look in one direction and wrong if you look in the correction direction. The installation is pretty hard to mess us so I doubt you have done anything wrong there. After that though, all bets are off. Gives us all an idea of how you derived at those numbers for the "WHITE MAPLE" cache!!!!!! and I bet there are several folk here who can help.

Hiram357
12-31-2005, 05:27 PM
Its right if you look in one direction and wrong if you look in the correction direction. The installation is pretty hard to mess us so I doubt you have done anything wrong there. After that though, all bets are off. Gives us all an idea of how you derived at those numbers for the "WHITE MAPLE" cache!!!!!! and I bet there are several folk here who can help.

AH HA!! SO ITS A WHITE MAPLE!!! i changed the coords in the home location and i deleted the # and it still says the cache is 3215 miles away...

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
12-31-2005, 05:37 PM
AH HA!! SO ITS A WHITE MAPLE!!! i changed the coords in the home location and i deleted the # and it still says the cache is 3215 miles away...

Are all the "local" caches far away or just that particular cache? :confused:

Hiram357
12-31-2005, 05:53 PM
Are all the "local" caches far away or just that particular cache? :confused:

all of them
i put in
Home, N 44 33.150, W 069 37.902
for the location
and it doesn't do anything....

and i found out what my GC.Com # is all by myself!!

WhereRWe?
12-31-2005, 05:53 PM

3215 miles from WHERE? LOL! You have to establish your "home" waypoint.

Look at GSAK, click on tools/options/locations, and enter your home coordinates.

Then click on "center point" and select "home" as your center point.

Sheesh! :p :p :p

Hiram357
12-31-2005, 05:56 PM
3215 miles from WHERE? LOL! You have to establish your "home" waypoint.

Look at GSAK, click on tools/options/locations, and enter your home coordinates.

Then click on "center point" and select "home" as your center point.

Sheesh! :p :p :p

AHHHHH!!!! now it works!!!!
ya gotta give me some credit! i did get the first part right by myself! :D

dí76
12-31-2005, 05:57 PM
How far away is australia, is that around 3 000 miles:D

We assume Hiram is really from Waterville

Hiram357
12-31-2005, 06:01 PM
How far away is australia, is that around 3 000 miles:D

We assume Hiram is really from Waterville

nuts! my cover as an austrailian double agent is blown!! now im going to have to move to *****a and change my identity to Ed, a 46 yr old traveling vaccum cleaner salesman in search of his long lost 3rd cousin!!

Smitty & Co.
12-31-2005, 06:52 PM
nuts! my cover as an austrailian double agent is blown!! now im going to have to move to *****a and change my identity to Ed, a 46 yr old traveling vaccum cleaner salesman in search of his long lost 3rd cousin!!

OMG....Ed?? Is it really you? I've searched the world over 6,345,678.03 times and you've been right here all along? ((((((ED))))) Big Hug for cousin Ed. We'll have to get together and have a drink or two or 24, where are you right this minute? I'll get out the trusty GARMIN and be right there. LOL :D :p :D :p :D

BTW...I think vaccums SUCK!! :eek: :eek:

Hiram357
12-31-2005, 08:53 PM
OMG....Ed?? Is it really you? I've searched the world over 6,345,678.03 times and you've been right here all along? ((((((ED))))) Big Hug for cousin Ed. We'll have to get together and have a drink or two or 24, where are you right this minute? I'll get out the trusty GARMIN and be right there. LOL :D :p :D :p :D

BTW...I think vaccums SUCK!! :eek: :eek:

You'll buy me 24 beers....? WHY YES ITS ME ED!!!! I'VE MISSED YOU FOR SO LONG!!!

Hiram357
12-31-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't get it... the website doesn't block the word suck, but it blocks out the name of a country.... N-i-g-e-r-a??? did somebody spell the words on the block list wrong??? *****a

robt
12-31-2005, 08:59 PM
I don't get it... the website doesn't block the word suck, but it blocks out the name of a country.... N-i-g-e-r-a??? did somebody spell the words on the block list wrong??? *****a

hmm, well the Country *****ia has an eye in it........ But what site are you talking about????

Hiram357
01-01-2006, 06:41 PM
hmm, well the Country *****ia has an eye in it........ But what site are you talking about????

ieieo... whatever letters it has in it, it still blocked em out... im talking about this website... it blocked blocked out *****ia, but in a few previous posts people have written words like damnit, and sucks, and stuff like that and it doesnt block those out.... what's up with that?? :confused: :confused:

robt
01-02-2006, 12:30 PM
ieieo... whatever letters it has in it, it still blocked em out... im talking about this website... it blocked blocked out *****ia, but in a few previous posts people have written words like damnit, and sucks, and stuff like that and it doesnt block those out.... what's up with that?? :confused: :confused:

hmm, I just noticed that and am not sure why other than it just looks at letter combinations not full words. This would probally be a good question for Rick. it is also strange that it does not seem to block other words like assume...... I am tring to think of other words but am drawing a blank

firefighterjake
01-02-2006, 04:14 PM
hmm, I just noticed that and am not sure why other than it just looks at letter combinations not full words. This would probally be a good question for Rick. it is also strange that it does not seem to block other words like assume...... I am tring to think of other words but am drawing a blank

Test. Test. Test.

I now live in Unity, but I grew up in the town of Thorndike.

Hiram357
01-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Test. Test. Test.

I now live in Unity, but I grew up in the town of Thorndike.

So you grew up in thorndike.... isn't there a really large beaver dam over there??? I was looking for a cache over in that area and fell on a rock and the rubitched really bad. My shoe got muddy so i had to wa**** in the river. Whoreally in their right mind puts caches in rought terrain like that??? :D :D :D