View Full Version : Fire Fighter Jake

d’76
01-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Fire Fighter Jake was on the channel 5 news tonight if anybody caught that blurp on house fires and wood stoves. This helps to put a name with a face;)

Hiram357
01-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Fire Fighter Jake was on the channel 5 news tonight if anybody caught that blurp on house fires and wood stoves. This helps to put a name with a face;)

I don't have TV, so he's still a mystery to me :D

noreasta
01-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Well I have Tv but no channel 5.. ( Direct Tv Only with no locals. :( )

none the less i have met Firefighter Jake... and I believe he is an alumni of the MSAD #3. Of which is the district I live in as well.. Too bad i missed it.

Sudonim
01-01-2006, 11:53 PM
I saw that interview, had no idea it was Firefighter Jake. Now I know:p

Smitty & Co.
01-02-2006, 12:24 AM
I too saw the interview and can now put a face with the name. Actually, I wouldn't have known what his full name was besides "firefighterjake" if not for reading his weekly guest column in the "Village Soup" Good Job Jake! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

firefighterjake
01-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Well I didn't see Firefighterjake on TV since I was in the far north, but I am told by my wife that he was on TV again (I'm guessing someone must have backed out at the last minute since they were obviously hard up to have to run this segment with him) . . . and I believe this was a Follow-up re-run . . . now the real question is what were you folks doing watching that show . . . I didn't think anyone watched it and figured I could continue to remain an anonymous geo-cacher. :)

firefighterjake
01-02-2006, 03:04 PM

Uh . . . Dave . . . it wasn't that long ago that you were at UTC . . . don't tell me you forgot what my ugly mug looks like already! :D

firefighterjake
01-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Well I have Tv but no channel 5.. ( Direct Tv Only with no locals. :( )

none the less i have met Firefighter Jake... and I believe he is an alumni of the MSAD #3. Of which is the district I live in as well.. Too bad i missed it.

No over-the-air antenna?

You are correct . . . Class of '88 (apparently a "bad class" according to the teachers at the time).

J_Cyr
01-02-2006, 04:20 PM
What channel is channel 5 down there?

Sudonim
01-02-2006, 04:58 PM

...um, the one between 4 and 6?:p

CBS

Smitty & Co.
01-02-2006, 05:57 PM

Adelphia has CBS on channel 6 here where I live but this IS the station that airs TV5 news. :D

d’76
01-02-2006, 07:51 PM
hey Jake it looks like you packed on a few pounds, LOL just kidding. It was good to see that you are still doing the great good. Did they ask you burn a christmas tree this year that was cut yesterday

firefighterjake
01-03-2006, 07:31 AM

WABI -- CBS affiliate

firefighterjake
01-03-2006, 07:32 AM
hey Jake it looks like you packed on a few pounds, LOL just kidding. It was good to see that you are still doing the great good. Did they ask you burn a christmas tree this year that was cut yesterday

Thanks for pointing out my short comings Dave. :)

Nope. No attempted Christmas tree burnings this year.