View Full Version : Cradle for Magellan Meridian

Sudonim
01-02-2006, 04:53 PM
I need some help from you Magellan users. I have a customer that got a Meridian Color and needs a cradle for his truck. The battery adapter he has sticks out a little on the back. Peg at the Map Store in Orono didn't have anything. You guys know of a cradle for this unit?

WhereRWe?
01-02-2006, 05:22 PM
I need some help from you Magellan users. I have a customer that got a Meridian Color and needs a cradle for his truck. The battery adapter he has sticks out a little on the back. Peg at the Map Store in Orono didn't have anything. You guys know of a cradle for this unit?

He could do what I did (I have the same problem with my Garmin 60c - power cable attaches to the back):

VELCRO it to the dash!!

:D :D :D

Haffy
01-02-2006, 05:35 PM
You might want to check out this site here"http://www.ram-mount.com/gps_mounts/model_magellan_gps_mount.htm

Or even check on Ebay as they have all kinds of mounts to choose from.

becket
01-02-2006, 06:26 PM
does this mean you aren't supposed to hold it and drive at the same time? geez!

firefighterjake
01-03-2006, 07:17 AM

When I bought my Magellan from Anchor Express there was a cradle for my car that came with the bundled package . . . I assumed it was made by Magellan and not an "after-market" accessory.

As Haffy mentioned Ram also makes Ram mounts in different configurations for Magellans which will also work. I have a Ram mount for the Magellan on the ATV.

robt
01-05-2006, 07:35 PM

What I use is an old cell phone holder that clips to the vent. some of the older ones are large enough to fit the GPS and has both edges on the side and can be held with preasure. the one modifcation that I did was I took the vent mount and mounted it to the front of my dash with velcro.

Hope that this helps.

Hiram357
01-05-2006, 10:25 PM
the best way i've found to carry a magellan is to take a nylon cord and some drywall screws, and screw the cord to the back of the magellan and tie it to the back of your car and drive around... it gets a really good signal that way :D :D :D