View Full Version : Heading south

kayakerinme
01-17-2006, 01:03 AM
It's entirely too quiet here. No one has posted for almost 12 hours! You must all be out caching :)

Speaking of caching (I'm staying on topic here)... I'm headed to Ft Myers FL at the end of the month. The business meetings are on Th & Fr and I'm staying over to geocache on Sat and Sun. I have 2 TBs that need a lift in that general direction. Anyone know of any others that might like a plane ride?

Sudonim
01-17-2006, 01:13 AM
If I could fit in your suitcase, I'd attach a TB tag to me!!!

Beach Comber
01-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Me, me - pick me!! Just kidding of course, but a dose of Florida sunshine is certainly very enticing. Have fun!!

WhereRWe?
01-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Me, me - pick me!! Just kidding of course, but a dose of Florida sunshine is certainly very enticing. Have fun!!

Sheesh! A dose of MAINE sunshine would be exciting for me! LOL!:p :p

kayakerinme
01-17-2006, 09:28 AM
If I could fit in your suitcase, I'd attach a TB tag to me!!!

I could certainly find a suitcase for you to fit into. I'm more worried about cramming you into the ammo can once I got there :p

J_Cyr
01-17-2006, 10:26 AM
I am hibernating this winter so caching comes quicker! :D

kayakerinme
01-17-2006, 10:41 AM
I am hibernating this winter so caching comes quicker! :D

Just be sure when you poke your head out the door on Feb 2 that you don't see your shadow - that way spring will come sooner. :cool:

Slate
01-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Be sure to check out the caches on Lover's Key while you are down there, it is a great spot. There are some good caches on Sanibel too, particularly the Calusa Circle multi, which is fun to do by bicycle. We are headed back down there for a long weekend in February and can't wait.

kayakerinme
01-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Thanks Slate, I'll check out those caches while I'm there. I'd like to reach 100 by the time I'm done in FL so right now that means 21 caches to find in 2 evenings and 2 days. I've got a car but no bike so depending on how long that multi is, I may have to pass on it.

Slate
01-17-2006, 02:22 PM
The multi-cache on Sanibel can be done by car, but the reason we enjoyed it so much is because we were able to bicycle around the island to the various legs of the cache and see interesting things along the way on a beautiful sunny day. There are several places to rent bicycles on Sanibel if you have the interest and/or time. It is a fun way to log a few cache finds, there isn't anything quite like it around here. I would be interested to hear about any other good caches you may come across while down there. Hopefully we will have some time for caching when we are down there in February. Good luck in you quest for 100.

Mainiac1957
01-17-2006, 04:12 PM
I just got back from Myrtle Beach SC. Total for 5 days: 1400 miles driven including 860 in a Toyota Corolla with 84 year old Mother and all her crap to visit my sister. 850 air miles flying back to Boston. 25 bus miles getting back to my car. Added 7 new states to places I've cached. Did 10 micro caches in Myrtle Beach in 1 1/2 hours:eek: No wonder people have 1000's of finds down south. I AM TIRED!!! Thank God I go back to work tomorrow and can get some rest.:rolleyes:

Beach Comber
01-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Sheesh! A dose of MAINE sunshine would be exciting for me! LOL!:p :p

Very good point!! I welcome that even more than sunshine in Florida.

Team2hunt
01-17-2006, 09:14 PM
KK and I are headed north to Quebec City, for a long weekend in mid February. If any one knows of some good caching there, let us know. Hopefully we will find a few north of the border.:cool: :)

Beach Comber
01-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Going to the Winter Carnival? It is a lot of fun!!! Cold, cold, cold - but if you carry a little caridou in a bon homme cane it will stay chilled and will keep you plenty warm as you sip along the way!!

TwoMaineiacs
01-19-2006, 06:26 PM
We're just back from Charleston, SC and caching a bit down there. TONS of caches close together with a lot of them at historic markers. Wish we had more time. A possible return trip this spring will get us to the Battery area where there appear to be about a dozen in a 3-4 block area. I don't think our southern cachers get as much exercise as we do. The walk along the Royal River in Yarmouth today would be worth a couple of rounds around the Battery. Course it is a "bit" warmer down there.

Anne

WhereRWe?
01-19-2006, 06:40 PM
RULOST2? and I are thinking of heading south for a caching trip in the near future.

We're thinking of the Portland area. Maybe Brunswick, or Boothbay.

How is the snow down there? Will we have to dig out any caches?

:D :D

Team2hunt
01-19-2006, 06:45 PM
RULOST2? and I are thinking of heading south for a caching trip in the near future.

We're thinking of the Portland area. Maybe Brunswick, or Boothbay.

How is the snow down there? Will we have to dig out any caches?

From Windham south there is virtually no snow, even in the woods.

Mainiac1957
01-19-2006, 06:48 PM
I might be in Portland on Saturday. Let me know, OK.

Team2hunt
01-19-2006, 06:52 PM
We are headed south to the N.H. border Saturday. To do some caching in the mountains. We would rather be snowshoeing, but I guess it will just be hiking. Anyone interested in some exercise. :confused: :p :)

WhereRWe?
01-19-2006, 06:58 PM
I might be in Portland on Saturday. Let me know, OK.

Ack - Saturday is out for me. I have to attend the town's budget committee meeting. And since I am the most recent "former Selectman", I know where all the "skeletons" are buried! LOL!

Sunday looks better - and the weather is supposed to be good...

kayakerinme
01-19-2006, 07:43 PM
We are headed south to the N.H. border Saturday. To do some caching in the mountains. We would rather be snowshoeing, but I guess it will just be hiking. Anyone interested in some exercise. :confused: :p :)

Might be depending on weather... but my GPSr is headed to Aruba in the hands of a friend. He's going to catch as many of the 11 caches on Aruba as he can. So I'd just be a tag along but would welcome the exercise. Drop me an email with some of the details. And no falls this time :)

Thanks, kayakerinme