View Full Version : logging in

Starzz
01-17-2006, 10:55 PM
I cleared my cookies a few days ago. Now everytime I load up this website it asks for me for username and password. I checked off remember me, but it still makes me log in every time, and its very annoying! :confused::confused::confused:

Any idea how to keep me logged in? Thanks!

Sue

Beach Comber
01-17-2006, 11:18 PM
oh, I hate it when I toss my cookies - hehehe

attroll
01-18-2006, 03:07 AM
Try going to this link and clearing your cookies for this web site.
http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/gmcookies.php

Starzz
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Try going to this link and clearing your cookies for this web site.
http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/gmcookies.php

Did that and still does the same thing. I noticed that when I hit the login button, my password automatically goes blank.

The G Team
01-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Do you have cookies disabled in your browser, or a "cleaning" program that runs and gets rid of them?

Starzz
01-19-2006, 09:17 AM
I got it fixed, thanks for the help. :)

mainesurveyor
01-21-2006, 09:17 AM
I have the same problem...I've been living with it because it's not a big deal but if there's a simple fix I'll take care of it. I'm using Opera for a browser and I've checked everything mentioned in the previous posts.

Addendum:
Since reading the post about the spell check not being available in Firefox I've tried this site on a couple different browsers. As ATTroll said, the spell check button shows up in IE but not in Opera. IE remembers who I am but Opera and Netscape don't. Now this isn't a complaint because I know their are differences in the browsers that programmers can't address with everything.

attroll
01-21-2006, 11:20 PM
I will see what I can come up with for Opera and Netscape. I don't know what Starzz did to fix her problem. Hopefully she will let us know.

attroll
01-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Did you click on the 'Remember me' box when logging in. You also need to make sure there is nothing blocking cookies on your end.

mainesurveyor
01-22-2006, 06:35 PM
I did check the 'remember me' box.

<Rick> I sent you some info that shows up when I login and logout in a private message

Don't spend any time on this on my account. It only takes a few seconds to login...but thanks.

Starzz
01-22-2006, 09:47 PM
I deleted the cookies from the website. I also cleared my cache and cookies in my web browser (firefox). Then I logged back in, checked off remember me, and it worked! :)

WhereRWe?
01-23-2006, 08:22 AM
I deleted the cookies from the website. I also cleared my cache and cookies in my web browser (firefox). Then I logged back in, checked off remember me, and it worked! :)

I clear my cookies occasionally, and it causes me problems for weeks! It helps to get rid of the junk once in a while, but the loss of those "good" cookies is a pain! LOL! :D :D