View Full Version : Lock n Locks

Starzz
01-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Anyone been to this website???

http://www.heritagemint.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=7&path=1%2C2%2C7

Sudonim
01-23-2006, 04:43 PM
I did a cache in Unity yesterday that used one of those containers. I think it gives a better seal than a traditional plastic container.

WhereRWe?
01-23-2006, 04:56 PM
We've seen quite a few of these, and yes, I agree with Sudonim that they seem to keep a better seal than the usual (Sterilite/Dollar Store) plastic containers. (Can't beat Tupperware or an ammo can, though! :D :D )

Mainiac1957
01-23-2006, 05:16 PM
have seen quite a few of these used for caches. Now I know where to buy them if I coose. Thanks Sue.

Haffy
01-23-2006, 05:20 PM
We've seen quite a few of these, and yes, I agree with Sudonim that they seem to keep a better seal than the usual (Sterilite/Dollar Store) plastic containers. (Can't beat Tupperware or an ammo can, though! :D :D )

I have seen both tupperware and the lock n locks and I can say that the lock n locks are much better than the tupperware containers,at least from everyone I have run across so far,but that is just my opinion. My China School forest cache is in a Lock n lock and it is holding up much better than any tupperware container. You surely can't beat the ole ammo can for any reason though.

Haffy
01-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey Brad,Wally World is where I got my Lock n Lock and they have all kinds of sizes to fit your needs.:D

Mainiac1957
01-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Now I know.

Slate
01-23-2006, 05:39 PM
I agree, they are defiantly better than a Rubbermaid or Gladware container, but for the same money or less I will take the ammo can any day. It is tough to beat $4 for a 30 cal ammo can. A Lock N Lock of a similar size is about $6 unless you buy a big set.

Smitty & Co.
01-23-2006, 07:21 PM
I did a cache in Unity yesterday that used one of those containers. I think it gives a better seal than a traditional plastic container.

UGH!! I can't believe so many of you folks like them.:confused: I can't say about caches, but at home in the kitchen for leftovers and other storage usages they suck!:eek: I can never get all four sides to seal, one or two at best. After they experience hot water when washing they warp and never are the same. I certainly wouldn't consider them for a cache, too much of a chance for leakage. Thats been my experience folks and for all you coin collectors......thats my two cents worth. :D :cool: :D

robt
01-24-2006, 12:31 PM
I only use 2 types of contaners for my caches anymore, I like the ammo cans unfortunatly not all locations will fit one of theese. For locations were I need a smaller can I use the lock and lock ones that I get over at walmart. They are roughly the same price as an ammo can but seem to hold up very well so far. I am really interested in seeing how they look this spring after going through the winter. The was I see it it is far cheeper to spend more $ on a good cache container cause it is cheaper in the long run when you consider the cost of maintaing and replaceing a cheeper container and all that is in it.

And yes, I did learn my lesson from my first 2 attempts at placing caches useing gladware :)

pjpreb
10-19-2007, 06:39 PM
I may be reviving an old thread here but J C Penney had a sale on lock-n-lock containers starting today (Friday October 19) through "while they last" for a 16 piece lock and lock set for $19.88

hollora
10-19-2007, 07:02 PM
I may be reviving an old thread here but J C Penney had a sale on lock-n-lock containers starting today (Friday October 19) through "while they last" for a 16 piece lock and lock set for $19.88

It's ok to revie an old thread - that's a great sale and being one who doesn't always read the flyers - Thank You!:D

Kaching Karen
10-19-2007, 08:20 PM
I love these containers. They seem to last forever. Lost one due to being frozen in the ground, but otherwise okay.