View Full Version : Geocaching in Class!

J_Cyr
01-26-2006, 10:59 AM
I am taking a class this year at college called Recreation in Leisure. Last Tuesday was the first day and the professor mentioned geocaching. She asked if anyone knew what it was. I got excitied and rasied my hand and blurted, "YES!"

So today, (I am in class right now) We are talking about it, and since I am the only one who really knows the sport am talking about it and sharing this website as we speak!

I have told them I have put some here myself and that I have done most to all around here.

Well I will fill you in later, I have to "get back to class!"

J_Cyr
01-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Great! I just talked with the professor and I have a task to do in the next few weeks, setting up a "class cache" we will set on campus late in the semester (April) I am looking forward to this and hope to brighten other people up in the class to start it and to get hooked on it as well!!

We plan on making a travel bug and also there is 8 people in our small class and will each be putting in an item. Anyway, I have to start some work! I will keep in touch with this "project" :D

Sudonim
01-26-2006, 12:32 PM
So if you are online at the college, and we are reading this online, can we get our online degree from you?:D

J_Cyr
01-26-2006, 02:49 PM
LOL... sure. But that means you have to pay me!:D

becket
01-26-2006, 04:48 PM
so what about student loans for your online course?

Hiram357
01-26-2006, 08:48 PM
ok let me get this straight.... you are taking a class called "called Recreation in Leisure".... you are paying for a class that teaches "Recreation in Leisure" ummmm..... wow..... i don't think i can fully comprehend a response to this right now... does the school offer a class called "Not spending money on classes about things that really shouldn't be that hard to figure out on your own??" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
01-26-2006, 09:51 PM
ok let me get this straight.... you are taking a class called "called Recreation in Leisure".... you are paying for a class that teaches "Recreation in Leisure" ummmm..... wow..... i don't think i can fully comprehend a response to this right now... does the school offer a class called "Not spending money on classes about things that really shouldn't be that hard to figure out on your own??" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sheesh, Hiram! Look at it this way: You'd really have to work to flunk a class called "Recreation in leisure". :p :p :p

brdad
01-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Sheesh, Hiram! Look at it this way: You'd really have to work to flunk a class called "Recreation in leisure". :p :p :p

Be careful, we're talking about county people here...:D :D :D

Kaching Karen
01-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Someone here has a degree in "Recreation and Physical Education." :) I specialized in Recreation, but am teaching Phys. Ed. Recreation is a growing field and there is a lot of demand for well trained leaders. 30 years ago it was a new area of study and a lot of people went into it thinking it was going to be easy. It wasn't (unless you were a jock at my university, but the jocks got a free ride at any subject). Think of all the services that towns, parks, companies, and governments provide to each and every age group under the umbrella "recreation." Those people work hard and odd hours and are grossly underpaid. I'm glad I'm not in that field any more.

Hiram357
01-28-2006, 07:49 AM

yeah, but you would also have to pay out the wazoooo for the class too. :eek:

Team2hunt
01-28-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm all for anyone getting an education. Good luck J. And anyways, it's not the education, it's what you do with it. Look where it got KK. Teacher of the year. J. will this be a published cache on GC.com.? And the name? ( trying to start something here) :p