View Full Version : Coffee & Cache NB 200602

Starzz
01-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Was wondering if anyone was planning on going to this event in Saint John, NB.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3d45b396-d02c-4ab8-9b8d-c41343c9beb0

WhereRWe?
01-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Was wondering if anyone was planning on going to this event in Saint John, NB.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3d45b396-d02c-4ab8-9b8d-c41343c9beb0

Sheesh! RULOST2? has to work. (But it it were being held at the Moosehead Brewery...) We love St. John, but it IS the day before Super Bowl, as well!

:( :( :(

Bluegrass Gyrl
01-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Superbowl is no excuse...we had a super even ON Superbowl Sunday in 2003 (I think!). My valid excuse...Motown Dawg is on call.

Cache Maine
01-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Girls, what do you think? We could stop at Helens on the way home for pie!!! LOL

Beach Comber
01-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Helen's..........mmmmmmmmm............good food! Wish I could go!!

WhereRWe?
01-28-2006, 07:35 AM
Superbowl is no excuse...we had a super even ON Superbowl Sunday in 2003 (I think!).

Yes, but Brunswick is 1 1/2 hours away (and I "attended" that event - even if I was hours early! LOL!) and St. John is 5 hours away (on a good day...).

becket
01-28-2006, 08:55 AM
i'd love to go, cameo! we just have to remember the time difference. now, let me see, are they an hour earlier or an hour later? lol

Cache Maine
01-28-2006, 09:04 AM
i'd love to go, cameo! we just have to remember the time difference. now, let me see, are they an hour earlier or an hour later? lol

I'll drive, you guys have to navigate and do the scheduling!!!!!

Starzz
01-28-2006, 11:14 AM
I wanna go too! I'm looking for a ride! hehehehe

dí76
01-28-2006, 11:33 AM
It sounds like this trip from Maine might be just for the girls which is to bad. I might like to go and get some Canadian caching in but since it is only for the girls I will have to find another ride.:)

Sudonim
01-28-2006, 01:00 PM
It sounds like this trip from Maine might be just for the girls which is to bad. I might like to go and get some Canadian caching in but since it is only for the girls I will have to find another ride.:)

Oh, come on Dave, just throw on a dress and a little lipstick and you'll fit right in!:p :p :p

WhereRWe?
01-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Oh, come on Dave, just throw on a dress and a little lipstick and you'll fit right in!:p :p :p

Sheesh! I've met Dave. "A dress and a little lipstick" would not help! LOL!

;) ;) ;)

Cache Maine
01-28-2006, 07:33 PM
The Expedition came home today on a flatbed after a hard day of caching. We'll have to put a hold on the Canada plans until I find out how much this one is gonna cost me... :confused:

WhereRWe?
01-28-2006, 07:42 PM
The Expedition came home today on a flatbed after a hard day of caching. We'll have to put a hold on the Canada plans until I find out how much this one is gonna cost me... :confused:

Oh, man! Sheesh! Now the "Chevy Pundits" are going to start bashing Ford again!

(Proud owner of TWO Ford Explorers) :p :p :p

And there are SOOOOO many great cachers in the St. John area - definitely worth an overnight if you're going. :D :D

Starzz
01-31-2006, 03:48 PM

Dave, are you going to Saint John Friday and spend the night, or getting up waaay early Saturday morning?

dí76
01-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Dave, are you going to Saint John Friday and spend the night, or getting up waaay early Saturday morning?

Saturday morning

dí76
02-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Ok, so we made it back. getting there was the easy part. However getting back was the tough part. After meeting mr personality at the us border I realized that maybe he was an *****. He made every glock toting border dude look like a dumb *****. After an extensive cavity search and telling me I was pretty I think that I will stay home from now on and the rest of you can have the international caches. The caches wherent all bad. I suppose just like everywhere else you have some good ones and some bad ones.

Correct me if I am wrong Mainiac but did there appear to be lots of used rubbers around? I wonder if that was the border guard looking for the million dollar prize he claimed was in the caches. LOL

He busted my B@lls for only a few minutes I will bust his for an eternity.

I feel like I left a part of me there in Canada, I dont know which rubber glove it was on but It is still there.

So in closing now I will go take a hot shower and hold my teddy bear curled up in bed.

We had a great time it was well worth the trip.

Thanks Starz for putting us on to the event.:D

Starzz
02-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Thanks Starz for putting us on to the event.:D

You would of thought since I told ya about the event, you could of at least stopped and picked me up on the way! hehehe ;):p:D

WhereRWe?
02-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Ok, so we made it back. getting there was the easy part. However getting back was the tough part. After meeting mr personality at the us border I realized that maybe he was an *****. He made every glock toting border dude look like a dumb *****.

Where did you cross? Calais? This was on the US side, right? :)

dí76
02-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Where did you cross? Calais? This was on the US side, right? :)

You got it. Getting over was a nice experiance and yes I understand that we have a nation to protect however we can do it politely and we can do it with a personality

Starzz
02-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Just tell them you are from Campobello and they will let you through with no problem. Well being in a maine vehicle and from Campobello might be a problem tho! hehe

I haven't had any trouble at Calais, YET! There is a few people from here, that every time they come through the Calais border have trouble.

Sue

WhereRWe?
02-05-2006, 11:12 AM
You got it. Getting over was a nice experiance and yes I understand that we have a nation to protect however we can do it politely and we can do it with a personality

Yeah. We must have crossed from Maine/Canada/back over 100 times. And Calais is the only place where we've encountered "attitude".

And crossing into Canada, the only time we were searched - to include putting up the pop-up camper - was across the border from Calais at St. Stephen. Sheesh!

They must have a large "criminal element" in that area! LOL! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

becket
02-05-2006, 01:07 PM
i have had trouble in lubec, coming from campobello. on one trip with my fellow bank tellers, we had a woman with us who was from norway. the guards didn't want to let our little wegian back into maine. she kept telling them that she had a resident alien card, or whatever it was, but they were not listening. the guards came tearing out of their booth, i was thinking that there was no one who would come bail me out, the other people with me were just as horrified, and the little wegian was almost in tears - geez! those guards were rude, mean and very scary! then there was the woman guard who took my half eaten cheeseburger, but i'm over that now. well, almost.

Starzz
02-05-2006, 01:22 PM
then there was the woman guard who took my half eaten cheeseburger, but i'm over that now. well, almost.

Can you remember if she had dark curly hair? If she did, she is one nasty b*$@&! LOL

tat
02-05-2006, 01:53 PM
When I was a kid, we went across the Rainbow bridge in Niagara Falls with our pop up tent trailer. Dad got out of the car and we stayed put, trying to act like little angels. Everything seemed normal until about 5 minutes after we were back on the highway when dad started laughing hysterically. The inspector, a knock-down gorgeous blond, asked dad if he would open the trailer so she could look into it. He said it would take about 1/2 an hour to get it set up and she said, "no, don't set it up just open the door and I'll have peek inside". The last thing to get packed was the bucket for the porta-potty. After she stuck her head into the bucket, she held her nose with one hand and just waved him on.

DiverDave1998
02-06-2006, 09:06 AM
I worked in calais and stayed in St. John for 14 days. I had no probs going back and fourth. but the women that wore things sure did. every time i get in line and there was cute women coing to the us the us guards would search all thir belonging and seem to always find a pair of thongs to hold up and show their buddy. I saw one guy take some. and seen a few take other things. maybe thats the reason they don't let you out while they r shopping. opps searching. on the Canadian side there was this hot female I asked her everyday if she would strip search me but she wouldn't.
I did end up taken her out one night though.

Mainiac1957
02-06-2006, 05:35 PM
I worked in calais and stayed in St. John for 14 days. I had no probs going back and fourth. but the women that wore things sure did. every time i get in line and there was cute women coing to the us the us guards would search all thir belonging and seem to always find a pair of thongs to hold up and show their buddy. I saw one guy take some. and seen a few take other things. maybe thats the reason they don't let you out while they r shopping. opps searching. on the Canadian side there was this hot female I asked her everyday if she would strip search me but she wouldn't.
I did end up taken her out one night though.
:confused: Huh?:confused:

Bar Hiker
02-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah. We must have crossed from Maine/Canada/back over 100 times. And Calais is the only place where we've encountered "attitude".

And crossing into Canada, the only time we were searched - to include putting up the pop-up camper - was across the border from Calais at St. Stephen. Sheesh!

They must have a large "criminal element" in that area! LOL! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They used to, but I left years ago...