View Full Version : Well, I am A Gandpa now.

robt
01-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi Guys,

I have been and will be hiding for a little while. My daughter had my first Garndson and we has been in Maine med with a few problems. He is getting stronger every day and should hopefully be getting out of NICU either today or tommorrow. and may even be able to go home later this week.

Rob T

d’76
01-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Congratulations Grampy,

Constance and I wish the family the best and hope the baby is home soon.

I didnt see a name, weight and length.

tat
01-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Ethan Scott Smith, 7 lbs 8 ozs (I think!)

Congrats Gramps!

robt
01-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Congratulations Grampy,

Constance and I wish the family the best and hope the baby is home soon.

I didnt see a name, weight and length.

sorry I forgot.... Ethan Scott Smith 7lb 4oz

Beach Comber
01-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Congratulations! Hope the little guy is out of NICU soon and on the road to go home. He looks just precious :D

Team2hunt
01-29-2006, 08:25 PM
The newest geocacher. Won't be long before you'll be taking him out on the trails. Hope he's home soon. Congrats, to the whole family.

Sudonim
01-29-2006, 09:09 PM
He's a cutie:)

kayakerinme
01-29-2006, 09:25 PM
My first son was early and spent 2 weeks in the hospital. Of course, my wife (now ex-wife) and I were at MMC every day and it wasn't until years later that I found out how concerned my dad was about his first grandson. Of course mine is now almost 17 and it seems like a long time ago and he's now a fine young man. My prayers are with your grandson and his family tonight and in the coming week.
-kayakerinme

Sabby
01-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the era of being able to get even with the kids by taking the grandchildren out for ice cream, candy, sodas, and all other kinds of sugar, then bringing them home on a sugar high for the parents to put to bed.

Seriously. I hope he gets out of the hospital soon and gives you great joy. They are so much fun to be around and watch grow.

Kaching Karen
01-29-2006, 09:38 PM
I figure kids are pretty good to play with when they are 8-10. I'll spoil them rotten and take them hiking, kayaking, skiing, etc. My daughter informs me that I will be waiting quite a while for that. My son, well, let's just hope he finds a girlfriend before he's 30! Congrats, Rob. Enjoy every moment.

Tink
01-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Congrats.....our prayers are with you all.

robt
01-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Thanks everyone, he is getting stronger everyday and hopfully My daghter maybe able to hold him for the first time. We are hoping that the chest tubes will be out tommorrow and maybe he will be moved out on nicu tommorrow.

As for spoiling him, I am looking forward to do that here in a few years and then when Felicia tells me about him pulling some of the things she pulled I can remind andgive her a hard time about it. :) But the she allready knows I am there when she needs it.

Rob

And again, thanks for your prayers and thoughts.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
01-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Congratulations on the newest addition to your family!!!!! Its good to hear that things are turning out good and hopefully Ethan will be home soon.

firefighterjake
01-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Congratulations.

becket
01-30-2006, 09:23 AM
congratulations! being a grandparent is very cool! i hope he's home soon

Hiram357
01-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Congrats... I'll drink to that!
:D

we3beans
02-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Congrats, he's a cutie!

tat
02-07-2006, 09:33 PM
The company I work for hosted a trade show in Las Vegas when my niece was delivering her first born. The company saves money be requiring us to share rooms. My “roommate” was famous for living life to the fullest, and I wasn’t concerned when he needed another ˝ hour before heading to the booth.

Meanwhile, I knew there had been complications and the baby was in neo-natal intensive care so I decided to call in before the show got too busy. When I got back, I proudly quoted my brother, saying “he’s Eating, Breathing and Pooping on his own”. My boss said, “ok, but is he coming to the booth?”

Hiram357
02-12-2006, 10:25 PM
The company I work for hosted a trade show in Las Vegas when my niece was delivering her first born. The company saves money be requiring us to share rooms. My “roommate” was famous for living life to the fullest, and I wasn’t concerned when he needed another ˝ hour before heading to the booth.

Meanwhile, I knew there had been complications and the baby was in neo-natal intensive care so I decided to call in before the show got too busy. When I got back, I proudly quoted my brother, saying “he’s Eating, Breathing and Pooping on his own”. My boss said, “ok, but is he coming to the booth?”

HAHAHA, yeah, i could see where that could be very easily mistaken. I can recall a time or two that i shared a room with my boss, (and he enjoys the night life) and i'll tell ya what, i have never slept on the floor of nicer bathrooms, than the ones in those doubletree hotels...