View Full Version : Camden Snow Bowl

Hiram357
02-01-2006, 08:43 PM
I was just wondering if anyone was going to Camden this weekend for the US Toboggan Nationals. My wife and some of her friends from Unity College will be competing this weekend. I was going to try and log a few of the virtual caches down in the area, anyone know of any good caches over there?

I'll probably be spending most of my time caching because those college kids drink a lot and their a bad influence. :rolleyes: :D

firefighterjake
02-02-2006, 09:27 AM
I was just wondering if anyone was going to Camden this weekend for the US Toboggan Nationals. My wife and some of her friends from Unity College will be competing this weekend. I was going to try and log a few of the virtual caches down in the area, anyone know of any good caches over there?

I'll probably be spending most of my time caching because those college kids drink a lot and their a bad influence. :rolleyes: :D

If they're from Unity they do more than just drink a lot. ;)

Good luck to your wife . . . I'm not going, but I know of a snowmobiling member on another site who will be there as he is affiliated with several teams . . . Kahoona Crushers, 24 Pack and Howling Hooters (a woman's team) along with some other teams.

I went on the toboggan chute several years ago with some friends and family members. It's quite a bit of fun. We just did it for fun though . . . not as a competition.

Wish your wife luck from me.

WhereRWe?
02-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Many years ago, I went down the bobsled run at Lake Placid, NY. My arm brushed the wall of the run, and tore the heck out of my jacket.

That's enough "toboggan" for me! LOL!

firefighterjake
02-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Many years ago, I went down the bobsled run at Lake Placid, NY. My arm brushed the wall of the run, and tore the heck out of my jacket.

You forgot the all important rules . . . "For the duration of this ride please be sure to keep your arms, hands and legs inside the ride until it comes to a complete stop . . . and please be sure to put your seats and trays back to the upright position before landing." :)

Hiram357
02-02-2006, 06:38 PM
If they're from Unity they do more than just drink a lot. ;)

and just what is that supposed to mean????? :confused: :rolleyes:

the wife says thanks for the luck, but not too much luck, because she doesnt want to be stuck there all day sunday... we got some caches to find over there. :D

Hiram357
02-02-2006, 06:42 PM

seee, you should come on down and be a professional bystander with me! :D I'm gunna be the guy with the comfy camp chair, and the cooler full of adult beverages telling everyone the right way to do things.... :D

WhereRWe?
02-02-2006, 06:55 PM
seee, you should come on down and be a professional bystander with me! :D I'm gunna be the guy with the comfy camp chair, and the cooler full of adult beverages telling everyone the right way to do things.... :D

Sheesh! Don't tempt me! LOL!

But are you going to have anything besides Guinness??? :( :(

Hiram357
02-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Sheesh! Don't tempt me! LOL!

But are you going to have anything besides Guinness??? :( :(

I was thinkin about pickin up some micro brews, perhaps some sparhawks or some grittys, i dunno yet, whaddya drink?? ill stick some in the snow for ya. :D

WhereRWe?
02-02-2006, 07:55 PM
I was thinkin about pickin up some micro brews, perhaps some sparhawks or some grittys, i dunno yet, whaddya drink?? ill stick some in the snow for ya. :D

What day we talking about? :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hiram357
02-02-2006, 08:00 PM
What day we talking about? :cool: :cool: :cool:

well the 4person teams start at 1:00pm on saturday (that's when i'll be there) and they start at 9:00 am on sunday (ill be there then too)

WhereRWe?
02-02-2006, 08:03 PM
well the 4person teams start at 1:00pm on saturday (that's when i'll be there) and they start at 9:00 am on sunday (ill be there then too)

Saturday is a definite possibility...;) ;) ;)

I'll email you tomorrow if things seem like they're shaping up...

:D :D :D

firefighterjake
02-03-2006, 07:19 AM
and just what is that supposed to mean????? :confused: :rolleyes:

the wife says thanks for the luck, but not too much luck, because she doesnt want to be stuck there all day sunday... we got some caches to find over there. :D

Oh my . . . I suppose this could have been taken the wrong way. What I meant was that being the fact that it is a college there's a pretty good chance that there may be some wacky tobaccy being smoked up there as well.

Hiram357
02-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Oh my . . . I suppose this could have been taken the wrong way. What I meant was that being the fact that it is a college there's a pretty good chance that there may be some wacky tobaccy being smoked up there as well.

I can't believe you would make assumptions like that, you live up in unity, so you of all people should not be assuming that. How could you not know that kinda stuff goes on up there, don't you see the cloud that hovers around that place??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(Disclaimer: you started it not me):D

Hiram357
02-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Saturday is a definite possibility...;) ;) ;)

I'll email you tomorrow if things seem like they're shaping up...

:D :D :D

well ya better start shaping up... I've been preparing all week, for this, i started out with 12oz curls, now im up to 16, I think i might be placing a temporary cache down at the Rockland Waterworks (which is a very nice little brew house) :D

WhereRWe?
02-03-2006, 03:55 PM
well ya better start shaping up... I've been preparing all week, for this, i started out with 12oz curls, now im up to 16, I think i might be placing a temporary cache down at the Rockland Waterworks (which is a very nice little brew house) :D

Well, thinks don't look good. We're having flooring put down in the house next week, and we're not ready. So I'll probably be moving furniture tomorrow. :(

Hiram357
02-03-2006, 04:40 PM
geeeze, one of the biggest reasons to drink of the winter and you're skippin out on it... well... more beer for me then :D

WhereRWe?
02-03-2006, 04:47 PM
geeeze, one of the biggest reasons to drink of the winter and you're skippin out on it... well... more beer for me then :D

What? You need a REASON to drink beer? Sheesh! :eek: :eek:

Hiram357
02-03-2006, 07:36 PM
What? You need a REASON to drink beer? Sheesh! :eek: :eek:

No, but it helps. (especially when you have family like mine that thinks youre an alcholic because you have beer in your fridge)

by the way... tomorrows menu includes, but is not limited to....

Bar Harbor Real Ale
Belfast Bay Lobster Ale
Allagash White

yummy yummy beer in my tummy :D :D :D

WhereRWe?
02-03-2006, 07:41 PM
by the way... tomorrows menu includes, but is not limited to....

Bar Harbor Real Ale
Belfast Bay Lobster Ale
Allagash White

I just finished a couple of Magic Hat Brewery's #9's. Not bad! :D :D

Hiram357
02-03-2006, 10:34 PM
I just finished a couple of Magic Hat Brewery's #9's. Not bad! :D :D

I just tried an allagash white... very yeasty, like drinking bread, but its good :) almost like hefenweizen, and i just opened up a Bar Harbor Real Ale, its dark like coffee and tasty like a light guinness. :rolleyes: i'll give it a 6

Hiram357
02-04-2006, 08:09 PM
well the snow bowl is over today (saturday) they crammed it all into one day because they didn't want it to go two days (the ice was very thin) one person fell through the ice, another stepped through the ice, some guy smacked his head on the launch ramp, and stef's team didn't place very well, but all in all it was a great day because i had a good stash of good beer and the local masonic hall was selling piping hot bowls of fish chowdah! so i hung out in my own little world while everyone else was cold wet and miserable, i had a great time. :D:D:D (and i drank the beer i was saving for ya whererwe:rolleyes: )

WhereRWe?
02-05-2006, 09:09 AM
i had a great time. :D:D:D (and i drank the beer i was saving for ya whererwe:rolleyes: )

Thanks, but I had to get this house ready for the carpenter, who will - hopefully - have the place done when we get back from our New Hampshire caching trip!

:D :D

Hiram357
02-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks, but I had to get this house ready for the carpenter, who will - hopefully - have the place done when we get back from our New Hampshire caching trip!

:D :D

suuuuuuure blame it on the housework (like that's more important than beer :rolleyes: ) Trust me when it comes to housework the best thing to do is walk out the door and leave it for the wife. they love doing that kinda stuff, did ya ever hear of any man referred to as a househusband... no, because the housewives are greedy and like to hog all that house work stuff. :D

WhereRWe?
02-05-2006, 09:52 AM
suuuuuuure blame it on the housework

Sheesh! What do you think I am??? I had to move the FURNITURE. SHE does the "housework"! LOL! :p :p :p

(Plus I had to go to Marden's to get a wireless card for the PC since will be awkward to hard wire it to the DSL modem during renovations. :D :D :D )