View Full Version : GPS Darts

Starzz
02-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Interesting story!

http://www.shortnews.com/shownews.cfm?id=52778&CFID=416913&CFTOKEN=72906250

Smitty & Co.
02-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Cool.....I knew the technology exisisted and as a parent, I've often wondered why we couldn't implant our kids with a simple, small beacon such as this that can be tracked with a GPS and WaLa...:p no more lost or stolen kids and a means to track and find them if it did happen. Just a thought. WOW, technology has come a long way in a short time. Is this far-fetched thinking or what?? :eek:

Hiram357
02-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I think that's a great idea!! but i would like it even more if they put explosive tips on them to 1) end the chase a lot faster 2) make the trial go faster and 3) clear up some space in the jails!! :D :D

Slate
02-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Cool.....I knew the technology exisisted and as a parent, I've often wondered why we couldn't implant our kids with a simple, small beacon such as this that can be tracked with a GPS and WaLa...:p no more lost or stolen kids and a means to track and find them if it did happen. Just a thought. WOW, technology has come a long way in a short time. Is this far-fetched thinking or what?? :eek:

This isn't far fetched at all. Similar technolgy already exists and is being used in the form of RFID tags.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6942751/

RFID tags are commonly implanted in animals, you just need one for your kids, and you are all set.:D

robt
02-11-2006, 04:03 PM

I tried to put one on my daughter when she was a teen put she kept breaking off the antenna :)

No, I would not want to have a GPS implanted in me that anyone else can find where I am and where I go. Big Brother knows far too much about me now to let him get even more info on me :)

WhereRWe?
02-11-2006, 05:33 PM
. Big Brother knows far too much about me now to let him get even more info on me :)

LOL!

I may be strange, but I could care less what "big brother" knows about me. Not sure about you, but in my case it would be pretty boring! :D :D

tat
02-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Big Brother knows far too much about me now

You can't escape, I'm always watching! :)

robt
02-12-2006, 10:57 AM
You can't escape, I'm always watching! :)

Sorry Tom, I forgot you would read that one, I meant the government (big Brother) not you. lol........ That is what I get for tring to make a referance to 1984 though :)

robt
02-12-2006, 10:59 AM
LOL!

I may be strange, but I could care less what "big brother" knows about me. Not sure about you, but in my case it would be pretty boring! :D :D

Well it would be petty boring for me too, I just do not like anyon having that much info on me that someone could hack into and use against me.

Kaching Karen
02-12-2006, 10:17 PM
There is no way I want a GPS dart on my kids. You know the saying... "Ignorance is Bliss."
.... or as my mother use to say, "There are some things I choose to ignore."

Hiram357
02-12-2006, 10:22 PM
There is no way I want a GPS dart on my kids. You know the saying... "Ignorance is Bliss."
.... or as my mother use to say, "There are some things I choose to ignore."

that's why God created alcohol. :D

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
02-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Is there anyway too put a GPS Dart on my wife without her knowing? I could see a real benefit to that. ;) ;)

Sudonim
02-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Some wives already have a tracking dart. The commercial name for it is VISA card:p

Is there anyway too put a GPS Dart on my wife without her knowing? I could see a real benefit to that. ;) ;)

robt
02-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Some wives already have a tracking dart. The commercial name for it is VISA card:p

There we go, we just need to put a GPS chip in her credit card and then program the card to deactivate every time she gets near to the mall :)