View Full Version : Anyone Know tjgreaton?

WhereRWe?
02-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Anyone know this cacher, who lives in Wilton? :confused:

They don't seem to be a member of geocachingmaine.org, and haven't been on the geocaching.com website since June 05.

But they have one of my TB's - one that means a lot as it was released in Oct 04 in conjunction with the article about RULOST2? and I published in the Boothday Register. It was supposed to be a continuing saga in the newspaper - where it went to and all - but it only made it 68 miles and 5 caches.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

:D :D

Smitty & Co.
02-10-2006, 08:12 PM

They don't seem to be a member of geocachingmaine.org, and haven't been on the geocaching.com website since June 05.

But they have one of my TB's - one that means a lot as it was released in Oct 04 in conjunction with the article about RULOST2? and I published in the Boothday Register. It was supposed to be a continuing saga in the newspaper - where it went to and all - but it only made it 68 miles and 5 caches.

Makes me wanna say that there ought to be a system in place to discourage "one-time" cachers that join up only to retreive collectibles. I too have had this same thing happen when we first started out and it kinda discouraged me from putting out more TB's or coins. I know the Bug you are referring to Bruce as I had it in my hands for a short while. I had hopes of seeing more media coverage for this Bug. As you know Bruce, I emailed tjgreaton and attempted to rattle his cage a bit, however the email bounced back as undeliverable. I don't know what to do any more than that. I once emailed GPSFUN and he told me that that was the risk that we as cachers take when we put Bugs or coins into circulation, its sad, but it happens alot.:(

Team2hunt
02-10-2006, 10:10 PM
We too, lost a TB. T-i-gg-ger went 2600 miles to be lost in TB Heaven. I can still tell you the cache and the cacher that left him. It's discouraging. We completed a goal of a TB to have the cache muggled and the TB lost. 3 years that TB had been circulating. Then...we completed the goal of another 4 year olds TB to have them retrieve him and send us a thank you email. It's like gambling. I do believe that since GC.com is not publishing the coords until you sign up and log in. This may discourage those, just looking to disrupt the sport.

robt
02-11-2006, 03:12 PM

I know how you feel, I put out 4 Rubics Revenge TB's and lost 2 right away. Kinda discourages you.

Hiker Twins
02-11-2006, 04:23 PM
I work with TJ and when I see him tomorrow I will ask him about the TB and show him this web site.

WhereRWe?
02-11-2006, 05:30 PM
I work with TJ and when I see him tomorrow I will ask him about the TB and show him this web site.

Thanks. :D :D

Tell him I'm willing to reimburse postage if he sends it, or just have him give it to you and drop it in any cache. :)

Hiker Twins
02-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Oops, I forgot tomorrow is Sunday and so I won't see him until Monday, but I will talk to him.

Beach Comber
02-12-2006, 01:06 AM
I know how you feel, I put out 4 Rubics Revenge TB's and lost 2 right away. Kinda discourages you.

Wow - I feel fortunate then to have found one of them. Of course, I am still trying to solve the blasted thing - hehehehe - never was very good at them.

robt
02-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Wow - I feel fortunate then to have found one of them. Of course, I am still trying to solve the blasted thing - hehehehe - never was very good at them.

Judy do not feel bad, it took my daughter 3 days and a bunch of internet cheets to solve hers :)

Beach Comber
02-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Internet cheats? hehehehe - goody!! There is hope yet!

robt
02-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Internet cheats? hehehehe - goody!! There is hope yet!

I am told that there are sites that will tell you how to solve it if you look around. Good luck :)

Team2hunt
02-12-2006, 09:22 PM

Karen and I found one today in a cache near Leeds. Maybe I can get her to drop it in Quebec and I can bring it to the WWWWWW Event. It was Rubik's 3. Alive and well.

Beach Comber
02-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Karen and I found one today in a cache near Leeds. Maybe I can get her to drop it in Quebec and I can bring it to the WWWWWW Event. It was Rubik's 3. Alive and well.

And the question I have for you is ....... Have you solved it? 'Cause if you have, I'll trade you for the one I can't solve ;) I think the one I have is defective :eek: Of course, I'd be hopeful that you would leave the cube solved for me :p

Hiram357
02-12-2006, 10:16 PM
And the question I have for you is ....... Have you solved it? 'Cause if you have, I'll trade you for the one I can't solve ;) I think the one I have is defective :eek: Of course, I'd be hopeful that you would leave the cube solved for me :p

Let me give you a very helpful tip when it comes to solving those little plastic stress inducing mental tourmentors known as rubiks cubes!!! the stickers come off!!! and they may not be round, but the baseball bat hits them just the same!! :D :D :D

Ye Olde Prospector
02-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Hey BC,

I figured I could just go find the cache in less time than it would take me to figure out the rubiks cube puzzle. It worked for me, I found it just looking carefully. No problem. Didn't think it would be a problem as it wasn't a micro cache and the area is not that large.

Cliff

Beach Comber
02-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Thanks Cliff! I was going to ask you to do the cube for me at the upcoming event, but sounds like I can go out on a limb and try your approach. Then again, I can't find my own caches half the time so not sure how hopeful I should be about finding his cache without the actual coordinates - lol - :o

Team2hunt
02-13-2006, 08:03 PM

When we first found it a couple of months ago, we had it fall apart on us. Didn't know if the coords were right or not. Robt had put it back together correctly and off it went again. This time we found it allready solved. Thanks for that bit of luck. ( you know who you are, we were " laughing " when we found it.) I think KK has left it alone so it should still be solved.

Beach Comber
02-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Lucky for sure!