View Full Version : Looking for company this weekend

attroll
02-18-2006, 01:55 AM
Gee, after answering Gob-ler’s thread on “what makes a good cache”, I am almost afraid to ask this question.

I am possibly going to be free Sunday and would like to do some geocaching. Is there anyone that is looking possibly for some company Sunday for some geocaching? This of course is providing that the web site server updates go well Saturday night and it does not keep me up all night.

I really do not want to drive a long distance to cache with anyone. What I mean is that I will not drive past Bangor area. I think Bangor would be my limit.

firefighterjake
02-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Rick:

There's a pretty good chance I'll be going out in the Pittsfield-Newport area with a friend of my wife who is interested in geo-caching. I figured I might let him use my GPS to find a few of the caches that I have found and do a few of the ones there that I haven't done. Nothing is set in stone yet though.

tat
02-18-2006, 10:04 AM
I'd like to do Thorn Head Challange, it has been on top of my list for a long long time.

Hiram357
02-18-2006, 10:51 AM
branch pond should be frozen enough again by tomorrow morning, i was hoping to do that one tomorrow, if not im open for doin some caches just about anywhere. :D

attroll
02-18-2006, 06:01 PM
I'd like to do Thorn Head Challange, it has been on top of my list for a long long time.

Thorn Head Challange sounds like a good option. But what are the temps going to be like tomorrow? That is down near the ocean.

firefighterjake
02-18-2006, 06:37 PM
branch pond should be frozen enough again by tomorrow morning, i was hoping to do that one tomorrow, if not im open for doin some caches just about anywhere. :D

Take some ice skates or ice creepers . . . unless there's snow on the ice or it has some "texture" you'll find the going pretty rough . . . otherwise you'll end up looking like a newborn deer trying to stand for the first time with your legs going every which way. :)

tat
02-18-2006, 07:13 PM
According to the news, it's going to be extemly cold. But I must be getting old because I remember when "extreme cold" was -40 or less! Now, extreme cold is teens and twenties. Sheesh! :)

Not too cold for me, if you (or anyone else) still wants to do something, let's choose soon!

Thorn Head is on Merrymeeting bay and not really on the ocean. It should be about the same temp as inland, I think.

Hiram357
02-18-2006, 07:20 PM
it wasn't that bad today, I hit the Yankee Woodlot cache and the Goodwill Hinkley cache, it was fiercly windy, but we dresses prepared and it was very bad at all, we had a lot of fun doing the multis and we hit a couple small ones on the way home. So as long as youre prepared its great! and I'll be going again tomorrow! as long as it's not raining i don't have a problem. :D :D :D

attroll
02-18-2006, 08:44 PM
According to the news, it's going to be extemly cold. But I must be getting old because I remember when "extreme cold" was -40 or less! Now, extreme cold is teens and twenties. Sheesh! :)

Not too cold for me, if you (or anyone else) still wants to do something, let's choose soon!

Thorn Head is on Merrymeeting bay and not really on the ocean. It should be about the same temp as inland, I think.

I think if we had one or tow morte takers I would be up for this. It sounds like fun.

Anyone else want to do this? If so we need to know soon so we can start planning. The site we be going down around 10 pm tonight for I don't know how long so we need to know before then.

attroll
02-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Well Tom. It looks like no one else wants to do this cache tomorrow. I was hoping to get at least one more person before I committed to doing it.

tat
02-19-2006, 07:54 AM
I guess it's just too cold for most. I think I'll work on my new cache. it's in place and just needs to be stocked with goodies. :)

Hiram357
02-19-2006, 08:51 AM
you guys are no fun :(

nobody wants to go caching
the wife won't get out of bed to go caching cuz we were up til 2! Like that's some kind of excuse not to go!!
well hogwash, I'm still goin! :cool: :D

robt
02-19-2006, 11:39 AM
I would love to go but unfortunatly I have to be here at work. :( :confused: But then I guess I should do it so I can pay the bills since I did not hit the Powerball last night :(

Hiram357
02-19-2006, 04:46 PM
well geeze, dontya know youre supposed to buy winning tickets???

robt
02-19-2006, 08:30 PM
well geeze, dontya know youre supposed to buy winning tickets???

I thought I did but that dang lotto machine disagreed with me again? I keep telling the girls at the store to give me the winning one but they just do not seem willing to cooperate. I just don't get it, you think they would do it just to get me out of the store... :D

firefighterjake
02-19-2006, 09:29 PM
I thought I did but that dang lotto machine disagreed with me again? I keep telling the girls at the store to give me the winning one but they just do not seem willing to cooperate. I just don't get it, you think they would do it just to get me out of the store... :D

Hmmm . . . I tell the clerks at the Depot Store the same thing and they refuse to sell me a winning Powerball ticket . . . this time I even went the fool-proof method and used "winning" numbers from a Chinese fortune cookie. :)

Hiram357
02-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Hmmm . . . I tell the clerks at the Depot Store the same thing and they refuse to sell me a winning Powerball ticket . . . this time I even went the fool-proof method and used "winning" numbers from a Chinese fortune cookie. :)

Sorry Jake, but those numbers only work in the Chinese lottery. :rolleyes: