View Full Version : Paperless Question

d’76
02-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Can anyone tell me how to change the setting in your palm so that you can have more logs show up in your palm. I dont know if it is in the PQ area or in the Cachemate area or the gsak area

WhereRWe?
02-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Can anyone tell me how to change the setting in your palm so that you can have more logs show up in your palm. I dont know if it is in the PQ area or in the Cachemate area or the gsak area

I understand that the PQ file you receive from geocaching.com only contains the last 5 logs. Do you have that many on your Palm and want more, or are you trying to get to 5?

This thread (http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=116230&st=100&p=1902721&#entry1902721) will help.

:confused: :confused:

d’76
02-21-2006, 01:11 PM
I understand that the PQ file you receive from geocaching.com only contains the last 5 logs. Do you have that many on your Palm and want more, or are you trying to get to 5?

This thread (http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=116230&st=100&p=1902721&#entry1902721) will help.

:confused: :confused:

leave it to me to always want more.:)

can you can it in GC.com

WhereRWe?
02-21-2006, 02:19 PM
I note from the thread I cited that log entries are cumulative in GSAK. In other words, if you've had a cache listed in GSAK for some time, then do another pockey query, the latest 5 logs will be downloaded, and will be added to the logs already in GSAK. In the Palm, Cachemate will display as many logs as you have (I believe...).

Perhaps this will do what you're looking for.

:D :D

Slate
02-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Wow, I learned something new today. I have wondered why some cache listings show more logs than others. I had thought that some cache listings showed more logs because the logs were more brief. Sounds like a good reason to run my pocket quires more often to keep GSAK more up to date with the number of logs shown. I run GPX Sonar on a Pocket PC and it displays all the logs that you have in GSAK.

WhereRWe?
02-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I run GPX Sonar on a Pocket PC and it displays all the logs that you have in GSAK.

Sheesh! I'll be you use a Magellan, too! :p :p

Slate
02-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Sheesh! I'll be you use a Magellan, too! :p :p
Nope, Garmin all the way:D
Only the best.:rolleyes: