View Full Version : Speaking of lists

Haffy
03-01-2006, 06:24 PM
I think it would be a great idea if this site had a permanent list of caches like a bookmark list where a person visiting this site could go to and find out where all the great caches are. We could up date the database every so often by having a poll or whatever so we can change it when needed. It could look something like this:

Most scenic (mountain vista)
Most scenic (ocean vista)
Best multi
Best micro
Best traditional
Best hike
Best puzzle
Etc. etc , etc.

And we could have like the top 5 or 10 in each category. I know I haven't included all the categories but that was just an example that I was thinking about. Maybe even break those categories into regions of the state as someone who is just visiting lets say the southern part of the state wouldn't care about Aroostock county for instance. This is just some food for thought and it would be good if we had someone who was good at keeping and creating databases of which I am not one of those people. Doe this sound like a doable task and something we could do for this site? Any others have any thoughts? IF you do just post them here and we can start getting ideas for a permanent database for this site.

dí76
03-01-2006, 06:27 PM
I think it would be a great idea if this site had a permanent list of caches like a bookmark list where a person visiting this site could go to and find out where all the great caches are. We could up date the database every so often by having a poll or whatever so we can change it when needed. It could look something like this:

Most scenic (mountain vista)
Most scenic (ocean vista)
Best multi
Best micro
Best traditional
Best hike
Best puzzle
Etc. etc , etc.

And we could have like the top 5 or 10 in each category. I know I haven't included all the categories but that was just an example that I was thinking about. Maybe even break those categories into regions of the state as someone who is just visiting lets say the southern part of the state wouldn't care about Aroostock county for instance. This is just some food for thought and it would be good if we had someone who was good at keeping and creating databases of which I am not one of those people. Doe this sound like a doable task and something we could do for this site? Any others have any thoughts? IF you do just post them here and we can start getting ideas for a permanent database for this site.

Thats a great idea. It sounds like it might be alot of work for Rick though

Haffy
03-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Not really, all we have to do is first create the list and then Rick can just add another spot at the top for the category.

tat
03-01-2006, 07:09 PM
I like the idea too. I used one in southern California, where the caches are .1 mile apart! Without the list, it would have been hard to find the really good ones.

Most strenuous hike
Most difficult puzzle
Most remote
Best container
Best camo
Best stocked

Hiram357
03-02-2006, 07:49 PM
How about

Caches nearest a pub

:D :D :D