vb:literal>

• Paperless caching To get all Maine caches for GSAK

I have seen people ask about getting all the caches for the great state of Maine to put in GSAK. Well I have gone over the dates and here is what I have.
    Reference this article by Brdad Unfound caches PQ's in step 10 leave all the boxes unchecked and you will get all the caches.This will give you all the caches that are available in the state and these dates are good as of the updated date. The only thing that will make a difference will be if caches are archived. Also in step 7 instead of 500 you can enter 1000 in that spot. I'll keep an eye on this list and update it as needed. This will produce all the caches available in the state weather you have found any or not. A good thing to have if you want to take new cachers out, figure out some kind of stats or start getting and keeping a list of the archived caches. These dates will only change due to archived and event caches. However these dates will get you all the Maine caches. I will update the dates as often as needed to keep them reasonably current. Since Groundspeak has flipped the big blue switch and doubled the amount of caches we can get with each PQ. Here are the new figures.
    Updated June 22 2020

1.) May 1 2000 - Dec 03 2007

2.) Dec 04 2007 - Sep 11 2009

3.) Sep 12 2009 - Nov 22 2010

4.) Nov 23 2010 - March 19 2012

5.) March 20 2012 - July 14 2013

6.) July 15 2013 - Sept 27 2014

7.) Sept 28 2014 - Jan 02 2016

8.) Jan 3 2016 - Sep 14 2017

9.) Sep 15 2017 - Aug 16 2019

10.) Aug 17 2019 - Present Day and beyond
    Comments 36 Comments
      Haffy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
      I hope you don't fall into a deep lake with a cider block tied to your ankle.
      Hope that cider Ain't hard cider......
      Ekidokai -
      Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
      Hope that cider Ain't hard cider......
      LOL LOL

I'm not even gonna fix it.
      Ekidokai -
      Updated again...Paperless caching all Maine caches for GSAK
      aaronpriest -
      Thank you Ekidokai, I was starting to get gaps and had to tweak mine again. :-)
      JustKev -
      I tweak my own and have for a while now. Next step is to go to the GSAK event and learning how to do it all through GSAK rather than going to gc.com and tweaking the PQs from there. I have an inkling of an idea but just haven't taken the time to get it all figured out.
      brdad -
      Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
      I tweak my own and have for a while now. Next step is to go to the GSAK event and learning how to do it all through GSAK rather than going to gc.com and tweaking the PQs from there. I have an inkling of an idea but just haven't taken the time to get it all figured out.
      Getting caches using the gc.com API/GSAK is not a direct replacement for PQs. If you want to get all (or all unfound) caches in Maine in your database, IMO PQs still make sense. If you occasionally go out caching and know what direction you are going, then the API route may be the way to go. Hopefully that'll make a little more sense after the event.
      Mainiac1957 -
      There is a macro that will tailor the PQ dates for the individual cacher. I use this one regularly and I will share it at the upcoming GSAK event.
      Haffy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
      There is a macro that will tailor the PQ dates for the individual cacher. I use this one regularly and I will share it at the upcoming GSAK event.
      Any chance that there could be a power point presentation made of the GSAK tutorial at this event? Sure would like to know better how to use GSAK in the many things it has to offer.
      Ekidokai -
      Updated today
      Ekidokai -
      The state is getting bigger. Just hit PQ #9
      aaronpriest -
      Where can one get this macro that Mainiac speaks of?
      Ekidokai -
      I know there is a huge list of macros available, the bad part is there isn't much description on them that I saw.
      Mainiac1957 -
      This is the one I use Aaron.

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?show...0&#entry169280
      Ekidokai -
      Now that the NSA has flipped the big black switch and allowed the site back online I have updated these figures.
      Ekidokai -
      Updated again for your enjoyment.
      Ekidokai -
      Updated again for all the wonderful people out there.