vb:literal>

• Paperless caching To get all Maine caches for GSAK

I have seen people ask about getting all the caches for the great state of Maine to put in GSAK. Well I have gone over the dates and here is what I have.
    Reference this article by Brdad Unfound caches PQ's in step 10 leave all the boxes unchecked and you will get all the caches.This will give you all the caches that are available in the state and these dates are good as of the updated date. The only thing that will make a difference will be if caches are archived. Also in step 7 instead of 500 you can enter 1000 in that spot. I'll keep an eye on this list and update it as needed. This will produce all the caches available in the state weather you have found any or not. A good thing to have if you want to take new cachers out, figure out some kind of stats or start getting and keeping a list of the archived caches. These dates will only change due to archived and event caches. However these dates will get you all the Maine caches. I will update the dates as often as needed to keep them reasonably current. Since Groundspeak has flipped the big blue switch and doubled the amount of caches we can get with each PQ. Here are the new figures.
    Updated June 22 2020

1.) May 1 2000 - Dec 03 2007

2.) Dec 04 2007 - Sep 11 2009

3.) Sep 12 2009 - Nov 22 2010

4.) Nov 23 2010 - March 19 2012

5.) March 20 2012 - July 14 2013

6.) July 15 2013 - Sept 27 2014

7.) Sept 28 2014 - Jan 02 2016

8.) Jan 3 2016 - Sep 14 2017

9.) Sep 15 2017 - Aug 16 2019

10.) Aug 17 2019 - Present Day and beyond
    Comments 36 Comments
      Ekidokai -
      Updated. Big changes.
      Fins_Up -
      I set this up for myself a while back and my one complaint is that you can't use a relative date like "today" on a PQ. That makes it so you always have to update the PQ for the most recent caches.
      Mainiac1957 -
      Actually what you do is to set the end date on the newest PQ to a future date. Right now you can set it ahead to Dec 31 2012. That way you always will catch upcoming events as well.
      Ekidokai -
      That's true. the 7th PQ for me is set for July. I figure by then the last PQ might be near 1000.

Just keep and eye on number 7 when you save it. When you get close to 1000 Start number 8.
      brdad -
      You can also make your next level PQ ahead of time. For example, if your latest PQ is #7 and is set to October 9 2010 - Latest day allowed ( currently Dec 31 2012 as Brad suggests), create your 8th PQ and set it to Todays Date - Latest day allowed. That way if a lot of caches get hidden and #7 goes over 1000, #8 will pick up the newest ones.

This will work as long as your don't have a "From Origin" set (Which should be the case if you are creating PQs by placed date).
      Ekidokai -
      That is very confusing. When you run and save PQ #7 at it starts to get close to 1000 just keep an eye on it. Plan a little ahead so if you hit the 1000 mark you can add #8. Remember only 5 PQ's a day.

Lately though, there have been a ton archived. I just moved a couple of days around on the PQ's. Nothing major on the dates but seems to be quite a few gone.
      Ekidokai -
      OK I have updated the dates again. A bunch of caches have been archived so here are the new numbers.

We are still at 7 PQ's to get all the caches.
      hollora -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
      OK I have updated the dates again. A bunch of caches have been archived so here are the new numbers.

We are still at 7 PQ's to get all the caches.
      Did I miss something or did you forget to put in the "new numbers"?
      Ekidokai -
      I just checked and the new dates and numbers are there.
      hollora -
      I just checked and the new dates and numbers are there.
      Well, yes they are there and I am a dumbi! Point me to the front page and then the articles on the left and perhaps I would have found it.
      brdad -
      That is one flaw with this new article system. You have to go to the front page to see the actual article, or someone needs to post a link in the comment thread.

Paperless caching all Maine caches for GSAK

Nice to see you post Mike, you have been too quiet.
      hollora -
      Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
      That is one flaw with this new article system. You have to go to the front page to see the actual article, or someone needs to post a link in the comment thread.

Paperless caching all Maine caches for GSAK

Nice to see you post Mike, you have been too quiet.
      Thank you brdad - that would have made me click and see it. Probably not so much dumb as numb sometimes.
      Ekidokai -
      I didn't realize that is what was needed. Seems like the old system worked better...
      Ekidokai -
      What a birthday present I got. Going through the PQ's and found they needed an update.
      Ekidokai -
      Updated again. Getting close to number 8
      masterson of the universe -
      Everyone obviously uses their own numbers but here are my updated numbers as we crossed the 7000 cache mark in October some time.

A = 1-1-00 to 10-8-06 (989 caches)
      B = 10-9-06 to 5-30-08 (977 caches)
      C = 5-31-08 to 4-23-09 (987 caches)
      D = 4-24-09 to 11-21-09 (988 caches)
      E = 11-22-09 to 6-19-10 (979 caches)
      F = 6-20-10 to 3-31-11 (979 caches)
      G = 4-1-11 to 10-17-11 (991 caches)
      H = 10-18-11 to Current ( x caches)
      Ekidokai -
      Well, not everybody can use there own dates on this article because this article gives you all the active caches in this state.

Now I have not been able to update this article because I let my membership lapse and can not get PQ's at this time.
      Ekidokai -
      Updated

OK, getting everything ready to get back out there. I know, I know, strange time of year to be gearing up again but I'm at 799 and need to find a good one for the milestone.

2012 will be an interesting year if I can keep things from falling apart.
      JustKev -
      2012 will be an interesting year if I can keep things from falling apart.
      Too late, we've seen evidence your mind has already disintegrated.
      Ekidokai -
      I hope you don't fall into a deep lake with a cider block tied to your ankle.