vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slipping into Summer event cache 2006

We can't make any gaurentees until the last second. It will all depend on doctors orders and my mother's babyshower plans. So don't count us in yet.

wbdent We have decided on a date. The date of out “Slipping into Summer event cache 2006” will be held on June 17th. We will post it on the GC site within the next week or two. We did not really get as good of head count as we wanted. But we figured on about 100 people attending just in case. The reason we wanted a good head count is because we are going to have a pig roast at this event. We needed to call ahead and reserve the rotisserie and a pig. We did that today. We made that for the weekend of June 17th.

wbdent Everyone mark your calendars for the 2006 Slipping into Summer event cache and pig roast. We are really looking forward to this. We try to put a lot into our events because we really like the company of all of you. I have not met one geocacher that we do not like. You are all great people and we enjoy your company.

wbdent This event will be similar to last year’s event. The only exception is that we are hoping for better weather. This will be a rain or shine event. If anyone has any other ideas that they think would be a nice addition to the event please let us know.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    If anyone has any other ideas that they think would be a nice addition to the event please let us know.
    I still want to see you get dressed up again and I don't want to have to wait until Haloween.

Since this will be a pig roast, how about the dressing as the Swedish Chef from The Muppets?

(Bork, Bork, Piggie, Piggie...)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I still want to see you get dressed up again and I don't want to have to wait until Haloween.

Since this will be a pig roast, how about the dressing as the Swedish Chef from The Muppets?

(Bork, Bork, Piggie, Piggie...)

That's a scaryvision I'm having Bruce, but not at all unfunny. Rick whatever you decide will be great I'm sure. Put me to work if you'd like my help. The 17th will work for me I'm sure. I'll be staying in in tent as I did last year with the Geopups in tow. Talk to you soon.
    Happy Trails!

Sheesh....We're still unsure if this will work for us. Its going to be a real busy summer for us with lot clearing and building a house and all. I'd love to say we'll be there but instead I'll say "we'll see" Sorry Rick but thats the best I can do at this point. We'll be lucky to make it to 200 caches this summer. Just not enough time in a day for all our different interests. So...we'll see ya there if we do make it and have a major good time if we don't make it. Hope there's a shutterbug there to record it all on film for us to see if we don't make it.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Count me in for the overnight. I'll see if I can talk PedalChick into coming along too.

d’76 Guest

That sounds like a real great time. Connie and I will more than likely be able to come. So count us in. Dont worry about adding us to the pork consumption list as we will probably still be Veg Heads. I think that I will even plan on an over nighter and I will even envite Girlmate (ohhlalala) and Summer

hmmm, If I talk the whole Trek Across Maine into going to the event, do you think you could accomodate an extra couple thousand people?

Seriously, I sure hope I get to go!

i am looking forward to attending this event!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

I am still waiting on my vacation request, if I get it I will be working with the trek across maine again this year and will be able to make it. at some point