vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ftf!

I WOULD'VE HAD ANOTHER FTF IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT HAFFY!! I must've been just minutes behind you Haffy! Did ya happen to see a white service truck with orange ladders? Darn this job! I'm gunna quit and just geocache all day!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Well done!

Getting a FTF in the West of Scotland (or just about any part of Scotland for that matter) is almost impossible!
    The last time I got one was back when there were only three of us caching!! There is real competition for FTFs here. Apparently you can set it up so you get an alert as soon as one is published.

About this time last year, I hid my Tarbert Code cache, and an infamous Scottish FTFer was already parked in the car park ready to go!!

So a First-to-Find is a real achievement!

Congrats on that FTF. Did you get your Official Suitable for framing FTF Certificate of Achievement yet? I was surprised people found that one as quick as they did considering the work I did on it to make it blend in.

No I haven't gotten the frame yet, but waterville mail is about 3-4 weeks behind the rest of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I WOULD'VE HAD ANOTHER FTF IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT HAFFY!! I must've been just minutes behind you Haffy! Did ya happen to see a white service truck with orange ladders? Darn this job! I'm gunna quit and just geocache all day!
    Hmmm . . . never considered adding orange ladders to my signature item collection. Maybe I should reconsider. We can call it the "Hiram Ladder."
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Hey Steve . . . I have some good news for you. One cache is ready to go, but due to the location I don't want tell-tale foot prints in the snow so I have opted to not release it today as I was planning on doing.

The other cache that I was hoping to release at the same time also needs a little more work . . . I'm gathering goodies and working on the hide . . . so it appears as though these two won't be out until next week or next weekend (I usually try to get them out for weekends since I figure it gives folks that work M-F more of a chance to get a FTF.)

I thought you might be happy to hear this news.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

OK Hiram,
    Saturday you will have a chance to get another FTF on another "Right in Plain Sight" Cache of mine. LOL Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry
    OK Hiram,
    Saturday you will have a chance to get another FTF on another "Right in Plain Sight" Cache of mine. LOL Good Luck.
    I can't do that, it would be unfair. I'm waiting for your "special" cache that requires wings... I think I would have about a 95% of being the FTF (and only one in a year) for that cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I'm waiting for your "special" cache that requires wings I think I would have about a 95% of being the FTF (and only one in a year) for that cache.
    Count me in for the 5%....I know a little something about this one. Question is, can I stand on top of my SUV without smashing the sunroof? Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Count me in for the 5%....I know a little something about this one. Question is, can I stand on top of my SUV without smashing the sunroof? Only time will tell.
    LOL
    If I do what I want you could stand that SUV on end and still come up short.

Good Luck though.