vb:literal>

Thread: Update on the BRLT cache take over

Thumbs up Update on the BRLT cache take over

Just wanted to let everyone know what has been transpiring between the PIke Patrol caches and the Boothbay Region Land Trust so I am enclosing the following correspondence that has taken place.

Jeff,

The Boothbay Region Land Trust thanks you again for your willingness to let us take over the maintenance and management of the six caches you have placed on our preserves. The following email from John Hafenecker, representing Geocachingmaine.com indicates the two of you have spoken regarding the transfer of the caches to us.

Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:39 PM
    To: brlt@bbrlt.org
    Subject: Geocaching

I just had a conversation with a geocacher who goes by the name of Pike Patrol who has several caches hidden on Boothbay Region preserves. He tells me that he is relenquishing the caches to the trust. I emailed them a couple of days ago in regards to a couple of them falling into disrepair and he emailed me back that he was turning over the maintenance to someone. I think that this is a great idea that the Land Trust would want to undertake this endeavor. I have been an avid geocacher for going on 3 years now and have visited I think most of the Regions caches and preserves and simply loved them all. I think it is is an important thing that the Trust is doing in preserving the land for others to enjoy and this includes geocachers as well. I wouldn't have ever gotten the opportunity to visit these preseves were it not for geocaching. Geocaching has brought me to places I would never had visited including the Boothbay Land Trust preserves and I commend you for taking the next step to protect this land and resouces for all to enjoy.

We are planning activities using these caches during this coming summer and would like to get the transfer process moving. At the present time the BRLT has no caches registered under its name, and therefore we cannot access the mechanism by which changes in cache information are made. In browsing the site I found the following FAQ and answer which may be the method by which the caches can be transferred to us:

How do I make major changes to my cache listing?

Category:
    Geocaching Web Site

Updated:
    3/14/2005

Answer

If you need to change the coordinates or type of cache please contact your local reviewer. The reviewer will review these changes for adherence to the current guidelines for placement and notify you when the changes have been made. Please be sure to follow any instructions the reviewer may send you.

There is a link to the profile page of the approver that reviewed your cache listing in the bottom of your cache page (you must be logged in). If you email an approver and do not receive a reply within 72 hours, the approver account may be inactive and you will need to contact us again at Groundspeak.

When you contact the approver or Groundspeak please provide the Waypoint name (GC****) for the listing.

We would be grateful, time permitting, if you would go into your cache listings and see if ownership changes can be made through your “local reviewer”. Assuming that it can be done, our member name is “brlt”. If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to email me or call me at (207) 633-4409 in East Boothbay.

Thanks and regards,

Dick Palmer

BRLT Geocaching Coordinator

I just emailed the geocaching coordinator with GPSfun's email address and hopefully this transfer will go smoothly. They sound really interested in this prospect of cache ownership and plan on doing more with them in the very near future. Thanks Haffy

I
    Last edited by Haffy; 03-10-2006 at 03:15 PM.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Just wanted to let everyone know what has been transpiring between the PIke Patrol caches and the Boothbay Region Land Trust so I am enclosing the following correspondence that has taken place.

http://us.f310.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Sho...ead=&box=Inbox

I just emailed the geocaching coordinator with GPSfun's email address and hopefully this transfer will go smoothly. They sound really interested in this prospect of cache ownership and plan on doing more with them in the very near future. Thanks Haffy
    I think you might have to copy and paste the contents of the correspondence so we can all read it. I don't think we can view any of the contents of your Yahoo email. It brought me to Yahoo email but to a page that has expired. Is anyone else not able to view it?
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    I think you might have to copy and paste the contents of the correspondence so we can all read it. I don't think we can view any of the contents of your Yahoo email. It brought me to Yahoo email but to a page that has expired. Is anyone else not able to view it?
    Yeah what he said.
    Blazing Troll

Post Me too

Yeah me too. Expired page.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Ok, I just copied and pasted the correspondence into the original thread. Sorry for the goof up before.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.