vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technical Qwestuns

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    ...and two what's the best way to dispose of an old hard drive, i just upgraded to an 80 gig (woo hoo) and need to get rid of the old one.
    Do you have an extra drive bay in your computer? If you do you could keep the old drive and use it as a backup drive for important files. That's what I did when I bought a new hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    and where does one find such an adaptation kit???
    Ebay has many of them listed and i have seen them in a few electronics stores but they are more expensive.

I have been useing a usb / ide adapter cable on my laptop for over a year now for a 16o gb backup hd and for my DVD burner and it has worked great for me. I picked the know I have with the powerpack and 2.5" hd adapter for less than $20 on ebay. I also use the cable to recover data from a laptop.

Default Ebay is great but I hate it when...

You get excited about an item being $1.99 only to find out they want $13 for shipping. I wish the computer shows would come back to Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    You get excited about an item being $1.99 only to find out they want $13 for shipping. I wish the computer shows would come back to Maine.
    Sheesh! Don't you know that those computer show guys ARE the ones selling stuff on eBay! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Sheesh! Don't you know that those computer show guys ARE the ones selling stuff on eBay! LOL!
    Ya, and you have to pay $4 bucks to get in and $30 in gas to get there and back, but at least I'm not paying shipping!

Actually the computer show guys mark the stuff up to redicluous levels and make more than they do on ebay... I have not seen any of the usb to ide adapters at the shows for less than $40 or more.