vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Southern Maine Caches

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Ok, eastern and northern Maine cachers we need to get off our buttocks and places some caches around the Bangor area. For many of us the closest caches are 40 miles away and any new caches that have been placed are almost all in southern maine.
    Dave . . . your wish shall soon be granted. It won't be one of the more original spots for a cache, but I saw a place this morning that could use a cache and it's in the Bangor Area . . . now I just need to go out and stock up on some used CDs since I intend to make this a theme cache. If anyone has any they would like to donate . . . musical CDs that is. . . . I'll be going away for a few days this week so I probably won't get this up and running until sometime next week though.

And Dave . . . I'll keep my eyes open while I'm tooling around Bangor in the FireMarshalBill-mobile for any other good hiding spots . . . maybe I'll make that this week's and next week's project!

Incidentally thanks to Hiram's FTF A Thon there are a ton of new caches in the Central Maine Area . . . and trust me Unity and Winslow-Waterville isn't that far away from Bangor -- it's worth the trip, really!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default I'm with you Jake

I am looking to put out a bunch in the next week or so. I don't think it will be as dramatic as the Waterville FTF a thon. But it will be something.
    Happy Trails!

I am working on placing 2 caches between the portland and brunswick area this spring. I have the general location on 1 and just need to find a hiding place, get permission and figure out the schedule for access for it. I hope to have that worked out in the next month or so. The other is going to be a puzzle and I need to find a good location and work out the logistics of the puzzle but the general work is laid out. Don't worry, this one is going to be a brain teaser type that you will not have to retrieve the puzzle and solve it, but then I might have to do a stationary puzzle as well. But then I do not want to say too much so that know one gets an unfair headstart... that and too many people allready know my thoughts on the next puzzle.

The third cache I have in mind may be a really big multi cache. Sign post bingo but that one is just a thought not a real plan yet

The only thing I am having is actually finding places that do not have a cache that is worth putting one. If anyone is interested in working with me on some of this summers caches that would be cool. I have a few ideas that would be really crewl but I have not been able to find the right locations for them as of yet cause of the specific requirements for the cache placement. The thought for a new series is you can not get there from here........

Hey Dave . . . I just submitted a cache for you (it hasn't been approved or posted yet though). It's definitely not one of my best in terms of location, but it was appropriate for the location and its theme.

It isn't entitled "A Cache For Dave" . . . but it's fairly close to Bangor and I did it mainly for you and your "call to arms" . . . I'll try to get a few more out in the Bangor Area in the next few weeks as well.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Thumbs up So.Maine cache

If you are in, or are travelling to southern Maine. This is a MUST DO!! cache. I had so much fun today, wish I had Troy with me. Certainly entertaining for all ages.(GCV43M) Scrambled Eggs and you're Toast by GeoMaine Enjoy as I did today. How my day went.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Hey Dave . . . stand by for a couple more Greater Bangor Area caches . . . part of what I'm informally calling "Dave's Call to Arms" caches -- your plea for more caches in Bangor! Bamhikers seem to be doing a pretty decent job of putting out more caches as well, eh?

Default I am as well

I will be reporting somewhere around 8 or 9 new greater Bangor area caches later in the week.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I will be reporting somewhere around 8 or 9 new greater Bangor area caches later in the week.
    Hurray . . . something for me to look forward to during my lunch break! Thanks Maniac.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Ok, eastern and northern Maine cachers we need to get off our buttocks and places some caches around the Bangor area. For many of us the closest caches are 40 miles away and any new caches that have been placed are almost all in southern maine.

Problem Solved!!!

I can't wait to get up to Bangor and the county!

Indeed! A trip to Bangor will hopefully be in my near future too! Not to mention that there are a bunch fo new caches in the county again!
    ~ Beach Comber ~