vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Southern Maine Caches

d’76 Guest

Default Southern Maine Caches

Ok, eastern and northern Maine cachers we need to get off our buttocks and places some caches around the Bangor area. For many of us the closest caches are 40 miles away and any new caches that have been placed are almost all in southern maine.

It looks like Hiram is placing some in Central Maine . . . but I know what you mean . . . I've nearly tapped out the ones in the Bangor Area other than three or four multis which I have started working on . . . I tend to like the grab-and-go ones since the multis tend to provide me with a sense of delayed gratification and I'm kind of an instant gratification sort of guy.

I have started to give some thought to some possible locations in Bangor to place a cache or two on my part . . . it might be especially nice to have some caches in place by the time the Folk Festival rolls back into town since there may be a large influx of cachers from the rest of the state and even states beyond.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Good news??! Or maybe not.

I'm working on my first puzzle cache.

Did I every tell you I HATE PUZZLE CACHES.........
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

im going to make a puzzle cache and call it "Haffy Taffy Cache" and the coords are going to be hidden in the ingredients of taffy!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Did I every tell you I HATE PUZZLE CACHES.........
    A LOT of us hate puzzle caches, but it feels SOOOOO good when you figure one out! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake

I have started to give some thought to some possible locations in Bangor to place a cache or two on my part . . . it might be especially nice to have some caches in place by the time the Folk Festival rolls back into town since there may be a large influx of cachers from the rest of the state and even states beyond.
    I thought Bangor was the host city of the Folk festival for only three years and I believe last year was their third year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    A LOT of us hate puzzle caches, but it feels SOOOOO good when you figure one out! LOL!
    Unless it's one of laughing terry's and you solve it only to find yourself looking down an icy cliff saying to yourself "If I go down there I could probably fall to my death and nobody would find me for weeks" but it's that feeling you get after you get back into the Jeep and clean up all the blood and put the teeth in a ziploc, and pack the loose limb or two that just might be able to be re-attatched on ice that makes it all worth while!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default New game in town

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    I thought Bangor was the host city of the Folk festival for only three years and I believe last year was their third year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    It was the National Folk Festival for three years. That's how long they go to a host city. Last year was the inaugural year for The American Folk Festival on the Bangor Waterfront. It is being produced locally and features the same format as the National had. I have gone from start to finish for the last four years and have enjoyed it immensely. It seems as if it gets stronger and more popular every year. Last year several cachers including T2H, KK and Haffy just to name a few showed up to sample some of the music , food and drink offered. I've thought about making it some type of event, but a festival like this doesn't want a structured gathering. I would like to see people just come and enjoy themselves. I will be there again this year for sure.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    ... I've thought about making it some type of event, but a festival like this doesn't want a structured gathering.
    GC.com doesn't want events at festivals either.