vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tb Needs To Head South

Default Tb Needs To Head South

I've got "Ellie the Elephant" who desperately needs to head back to Florida where there is a sad little girl that misses her elephant. I was wondering if there was anyone planning on going southbound that would be able to take this TB off my hands. If not I'll probably just drop it off in the southernmost cache I find (which would probably be Augusta)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I'm headed southbound (to MA) for Easter, unless she can't wait that long...

Hiram . . . if it needs to go sooner I can take it and drop it off at the BIA Travel Bug Hote Cache . . . that seems to be pretty active and there are still a lot of folks heading to Florida from there.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    I'm headed southbound (to MA) for Easter, unless she can't wait that long...
    well she's been tryin to get home for almost 2 years, I think any advancement south would be positive. I'll put you on the list for taking her south, if nobody contacts me before easter with a more southern destination I'll pass her off to you.

I'm headed to Florida at the end of April and could take here there then unless someone else can move her along sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    I'm headed to Florida at the end of April and could take here there then unless someone else can move her along sooner.
    If your going to florida I think I'll pass it on to you, I would much rather see it go straight there as opposed to seeing it bounce around the states for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I've got "Ellie the Elephant" who desperately needs to head back to Florida where there is a sad little girl that misses her elephant. I was wondering if there was anyone planning on going southbound that would be able to take this TB off my hands. If not I'll probably just drop it off in the southernmost cache I find (which would probably be Augusta)
    Wait a minute, Hiram! I put "Ellie" in the BIA Airport cache - good place for moving a bug SOUTH! What the heck did you pick it up for? LOL!

But I also note that "Ellie" has already been back to Florida. In my opinion, once a TB has reached it's goal, the next goal is to put as many miles on it as possible. IMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Wait a minute, Hiram! I put "Ellie" in the BIA Airport cache - good place for moving a bug SOUTH! What the heck did you pick it up for? LOL!

But I also note that "Ellie" has already been back to Florida. In my opinion, once a TB has reached it's goal, the next goal is to put as many miles on it as possible. IMHO...

Well since there was no note with the TB indicating it's goals I picked it up not knowing what it wanted to do. And it does say in the TB description that it wants to go back to florida.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?

Part of the problem when TBs fail to have a description attached to them indicating their goal . . . or when they have accomplished their goal and then are just left going back and forth in TB purgatory. I had a TB that had reached its goal so I e-mailed the owner about their wishes (it was one of the TB Where's Waldos that were originally in a race to get to Waldo County, Maine) and after a few days the owner got back to me with a new goal . . . I did make a mistake though . . . I should have attached a description to the TB listing its new goal before sending it along since it had no description on it at all.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    Well since there was no note with the TB indicating it's goals I picked it up not knowing what it wanted to do. And it does say in the TB description that it wants to go back to florida.
    And then again, since this TB has been traveling since 2002, so who knows how many tags it's lost! LOL!