vb:literal>

Thread: maps not unlocked for my gps

Default maps not unlocked for my gps

Well this is about as much fun as shoveling after a blizzard or maybe even during the blizzard. No progress !! lol

I have city select v6 installed on my pc and also mapsource nroute and trip-waypoint manager. I can see the detail on the pc but when I go to load them to my gps in says they are not unlocked for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

LWA11

Have you used the unlock wizard while your GPS is hooked up to the computer????

Yes, it sees the gps and has the proper name for it and all. It just list cities or region maps that it says are not unlocked for the gps.

In the wizard under the page that shows your products it does not show the gps unit. I tried updating the information but it does not find the unit from garmin's site.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lwa11
    Yes, it sees the gps and has the proper name for it and all. It just list cities or region maps that it says are not unlocked for the gps.

In the wizard under the page that shows your products it does not show the gps unit. I tried updating the information but it does not find the unit from garmin's site.
    If all else fails call garmin they have great tech support and I would check the garmin site for any up dates. Or magellan then you can call there tech support and see what happens

The garmin 60c has to have the usb update in order for the pc to download any thing.

The code you have goes to the GPSr your using, meaning when you got you unlock codes from the garmin site you used that code on the GPSr you are trying to load the maps onto. If they are, uninstall Mapsource and all the other mapsource utilities and reinstall them then go through the wizard and unlock maps with the GPSr hooked up.

When you go tho the Garmin site and use your coupon code to access your account, is your GPSr listed??

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    When you go tho the Garmin site and use your coupon code to access your account, is your GPSr listed??
    I agree - check your GPSr on Garmin's site, first.

Where did you get your copy of the software? Did you buy it new from a retailer? From eBay?

You may need to activate the unlock code for a 2d GPSr is one unlock code has already been used. Again, the recommendation to call the Carmin tech support people is best. I had a LOT of trouble trying to unlock a copy that I got on eBay, and Garmin tech support solved my problem.

Thanks for all the replies. Garmin tech solved it.

It was an EBay issue. Appraently the guy takes a package dela and breaks it up. The GPS that the software is tied to is what the software was looking for but obviosuly could not find. They walked me through it and I am all set now. Two unlock codes used now for only one unit that I have but I probably won't be updating anytime soon anyhow. Still the lesson is be wary of this on EBay.

It wokred but I had to wait on the phone for 45 minutes and then talk with the tech guy for another 20 or so. It was so much fun though.

It gave me time to write a little in my blog.

LWA11