vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone willing to share their technique for tonight?

There's actually not going to be any new caches today... we were just messing with everyones head... hahah just kidding, they should start being posted around 8
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    Don't worry, all necessary precautions have been taken. We have snipers set up in prime vantage points in case we find anyone cheating... and there are claymores set up through spots where bushwhacking is forbidden. All wireless connections will be disconnected thanks to my friends at verizon and us cell. We'll be disabling all microwave sites in the state to keep all wireless communications down until the final cache is published.
    Good thing my I use a fiber conection not a microwave or one from verizon

that sounded like fun, I just wish I had not worked cause it was a great day for caching and I was stuck in my office

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    Here's Gob-lers' and Hoamdezinahs' strategy. Discreetly find a location with WIFI in the Waterville area and arrange to spend the night before the big event. Then pounce on the caches as soon as they are posted....LOL. This is dedication gentlemen, best of luck!!! Sorry you got beat out at the Connor Grist Mill cache in Unity...LOL. I noticed you didn't post a log yet....LOL..
    You are right. My new Ford Geo-prepared 4x4 was set up to go. After running a Geo cache Rally in florida in Jan for it's break in run, I knew it was ready. You are right. We were setup with not only a WIFI equiped laptop, but it also has a Delorme Gps enabled maps program. A call to Dick to see if he wanted to come up was all it took. Dah, Dick not want to come up her to try for a day of FTF. All that we had to do was gather up the GPSR's, walkie talkies, flashlights, twenty pounds of spare batteries, coffee, snacks, warm coats, gloves, trail boots, and we were on our way. If I haden't closed the cover on the laptop leaving the motel room, that caused us to wait an additional 10 minutes at the hotel, we would have had the FTF at the Grisk mill too. HeHe, You tell me, I don't think we did so bad, 5 FTF, 2 FPL, and 1 SPL.
    Thanks to everyone that put out the caches, John

John you forgot those timely phone calls from the home bases that were very helpful!

Thanks Donna and Kathy!

John and I both agreed that the slow way caches were trickling out was just a bit boring. We got the TRF cache at the old homestead and decided to head for Augusta where there were two caches that had not been logged. We took a chance and it paid of in a big way with not two caches but a third that came up as we were doing the only multcache. From the time it was posted at 2:59 we logged it in about 5 minutes. It was just across the river.

As a side note, there is some very good stash in the multi. Not going to share the details, but someone should pay it a visit real soon. The FTF prize is still there as well as a TB. Go get it!

My thanks to Hiram for the idea and also to all who put the caches out. Nice meeting fellow cachers as well.

I might have done some things differently, but all in all a very good day I think for all concerned. A lot of excitement in the air.

By the way, I still get excited at the FTF! Nothing like writing in a virgin log book you know.

Thanks again gang, way to go!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

I think it all went off good, I did have a set schedule that they were publishing the caches too, the first 4 in the mornin were meant to be put out by singles, then the two doubles released, then the grand finally of having five caches released, this was to try and not induce a pattern that someone might catch on too. I would like to hear any comments or suggestions because I would like to do this again in the bangor area. Thanks to all who participated!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.