vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inmans cave info?

Default Inmans cave info?

We are heading to the Camden area this coming weekend for some hiking and caching. I'd like to check out inmans cave and megunticook cave while there. Does anyone have any info on the best way to get to these caves? I've got some basic coordinates, but I don't know the best approach. Thanks for any info...

Not really sure and didn't know about either of them but you might want to check out this site if you havent already.: http://www.bostongrotto.org/Grotto/h...son/maine.html
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Not really sure and didn't know about either of them but you might want to check out this site if you havent already.: http://www.bostongrotto.org/Grotto/h...son/maine.html
    That was a pretty cool link John. I did some searching on the web and could not find any information on any of these caves in Maine. I would like to read more about the ones in the north and off the coast. So if anyone knows any information I can find on them on the web please let me know.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    That was a pretty cool link John. I did some searching on the web and could not find any information on any of these caves in Maine. I would like to read more about the ones in the north and off the coast. So if anyone knows any information I can find on them on the web please let me know.
    It figures - "The Blazing Trolls" getting excited about a bunch of caves...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    It figures - "The Blazing Trolls" getting excited about a bunch of caves...

Well we are Trolls. What did you expect. Actually though. I have been caving before which I think is called spelunking and I am not to fond of it. It is a very scary feeling for me. I don't know if I would ever do it again. I just find them interesting and finding entrances are fun.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Well we are Trolls. What did you expect. Actually though. I have been caving before which I think is called spelunking and I am not to fond of it. It is a very scary feeling for me. I don't know if I would ever do it again. I just find them interesting and finding entrances are fun.
    We've been into several of the BIG caves - Mammoth Cave in Kentucky for one - but could you see ME "spelunking"? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    We've been into several of the BIG caves - Mammoth Cave in Kentucky for one - but could you see ME "spelunking"? LOL!
    Knowing my luck, if I went spekunking, I'd probably slip and go kerplunking

I think I must be part troll or hobbit or something since I really like caves and being underground . . . unfortunately by less-than-svelte body isn't exactly made for navigating through tight crevices and cracks.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I think I must be part troll or hobbit or something since I really like caves and being underground . . . unfortunately by less-than-svelte body isn't exactly made for navigating through tight crevices and cracks.
    wow jake, you get the dictionary.com prize of the day! I actually had to look up svelte...

svelte Audio pronunciation of "svelte" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (svlt)
    adj. svelt·er, svelt·est

Slender or graceful in figure or outline; slim.

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    wow jake, you get the dictionary.com prize of the day! I actually had to look up svelte...

svelte Audio pronunciation of "svelte" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (svlt)
    adj. svelt·er, svelt·est

Slender or graceful in figure or outline; slim.

That describes me to a tee