vb:literal>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FTF-A-Thon Updates

Wow - it has been fun to watch this throughout the day. Would have been more fun to have been there, but watching will have to do. A tremendous amount of work by those placing the caches. Thanks! I look forward to traveling to the area again to check them all out!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default Great Job Hiram357

I just want to say that I think this was a great idea and it went of great. Several people got FTFs. I got 2 and wasn't even trying. LOL I went to the Unity area to cache and hit two FTFs on the way back through Waterville Winslow. 150 miles, 8 caches, 2 FTFs, and one heck of a great time.

Thank you Hiram357 and GPSfun for setting this up and to all the other cachers who put up all these great caches.

Cache on

I personally think this was a tremendously brilliant idea on my part, and I have no doubt that I am a genius for thinking it up...l all kidding aside, it seems like everyone enjoyed themselves, and since there is a lack of fresh caches in the Bangor area I was wondering how many people would be in support of me organizing another FTF-A-Thon up that way.... any questions or comments would be greatly appreciated about how today went, negative or positive comments make the next round better to prepare.

And a special thanks goes out to GPSFUN and his comrades for publishing the caches through the day and keeping us all busy!! And also to Firefighter Jake, Laughing Terry, Kaching Karen, and Treasures-R-Fun, thank you all for placing caches (14 total!!!)

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

OK OK Hiram . . . I'm willing to give credit where credit is due . . . it was a good idea and thank you for allowing me to be a small part of this . . . and keep me in mind if you do one in Bangor (I'll just have to spend a week or so driving around so I can figure out where to put some caches . . . that and I need to stock up on some more ammo boxes.)

One suggestion . . . I liked how the caches came out at different times to allow more folks more of an opportunity to get a FTF depending on their location, when they were available, etc. but it might be nice to release more than one (2-3) at one time . . . especially if some are in the nearby area to help keep gas costs down and not drive 20 miles in one direction, 20 miles back and then have to drive 20 more miles or so to return to a spot nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I personally think this was a tremendously brilliant idea on my part, and I have no doubt that I am a genius for thinking it up...l all kidding aside, it seems like everyone enjoyed themselves, and since there is a lack of fresh caches in the Bangor area I was wondering how many people would be in support of me organizing another FTF-A-Thon up that way.... any questions or comments would be greatly appreciated about how today went, negative or positive comments make the next round better to prepare.

And a special thanks goes out to GPSFUN and his comrades for publishing the caches through the day and keeping us all busy!! And also to Firefighter Jake, Laughing Terry, Kaching Karen, and Treasures-R-Fun, thank you all for placing caches (14 total!!!)

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    OK OK Hiram . . . I'm willing to give credit where credit is due . . . it was a good idea and thank you for allowing me to be a small part of this . . . and keep me in mind if you do one in Bangor (I'll just have to spend a week or so driving around so I can figure out where to put some caches . . . that and I need to stock up on some more ammo boxes.)

One suggestion . . . I liked how the caches came out at different times to allow more folks more of an opportunity to get a FTF depending on their location, when they were available, etc. but it might be nice to release more than one (2-3) at one time . . . especially if some are in the nearby area to help keep gas costs down and not drive 20 miles in one direction, 20 miles back and then have to drive 20 more miles or so to return to a spot nearby.
    Well I was hoping that this was also going to give others a better chance of getting a FTF. For example, Kaching Karen wouldn't drive all the way to Unity for a FTF, which gave CoolClay the chance to get his very first FTF. Likewise, (unless its TRF or LT) someone wouldn't drive all the way to Augusta (if they have any common sense and knowing that there would be more caches in their area) and as for the releasing times, I didn't want to have a pattern of the times being released, because I didn't want anyone catching onto a pattern, That's why at 8am there was only 1 and at 3pm there were 5 (and we did only have 14 caches, I didn't want people sitting in front of their computers all day) and as for the cost of gas, i think we'll have a bake sale at the next FTF to raise money for gas, I'm thinkin on cookie could be $35.... thanks for the input!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

i liked the idea of giving more people a chance for ftfs. i would love to have a frf-a-thon in the bangor area. i am not a person who needs to get a ftf and i probably wouldn't even go the first day. i would just like to see more caches in that area. i'm going caching today and will have to drive 2 hours to get to my first cache. (unless i want to climb a bunch of mountains, the caches that are 2 hours away are the closest.) and that's why i am up at 0500 on a sunday morning. geez!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    i liked the idea of giving more people a chance for ftfs. i would love to have a frf-a-thon in the bangor area. i am not a person who needs to get a ftf and i probably wouldn't even go the first day. i would just like to see more caches in that area . . .
    I agree . . . these were two of the reasons for me doing this FTF A Thon. 1) I hoped someone new would be able to nab a FTF so they could experience the thrill of being the first to find a cache and 2) The end result even for folks who don't care one iota of being the FTF would be more caches in the area . . . I also "needed" to put out a few caches since I try to put out a cache for every 25 finds and I was "operating" in the red.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I personally think this was a tremendously brilliant idea on my part, and I have no doubt that I am a genius for thinking it up...l
    I also have to say that this was a great idea, Hiram, and agree that another similar event in the Bangor area is a great idea as well.

We would like to have participated, but RULOST2? had to work and I had to clean out another room for the carpenters to start work tomorrow. (Sheesh! One new cache was only 8 miles away!)

But next time... LOL!

Default How Many Caches?

Can anyone tell me how many new caches were released yesterday?

(Yeah, I know - I can look them up and count on my fingers and toes - but maybe someone else would like to know as well... )

and as for the cost of gas, i think we'll have a bake sale at the next FTF to raise money for gas, I'm thinkin on cookie
    I was on my way through Madison when I spotted some Girl Scouts setting up their cookies in a parking lot. They thought I was a crazy man as I screeched into the parking lot, jumped out of the car, grabbed cookies, threw some bills at them, jumped back in the car, and was gone in under 30 seconds. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe
    Can anyone tell me how many new caches were released yesterday?
    I think it was 3 Friday night and 14 Saturday.