vb:literal>

Thread: Zire 72

Default Zire 72

I have been researching the Zire 72 that I have been thinking of buying. The Zire 71 has more option then the Zire 72. But it also does not have the same cable connection that the old Zire 72 has. You can not use a cradle with it like you could with the 72. But it has bluetooth technology. This means there are no cable needed to connect to other devises as long as the other device is Bluetooth also. This was worrying me because I wanted to connect my GPS to the Zire 72 and make it interactive while in the car with Street Atlas. But after doing much research I found a Bluetooth and car connection in one devise for the eTrex that is suppose to connect to the Zire 72 without any wires.

For those of you interested here is the link and a picture of the device.
    http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/bluetcarchar1.html
    I looks like I may be going out tomorrow and getting the Zire 72 after all.

Blazing Troll

Default $$$

Wow, they don't give those bluetooth adaptors away, now do they?

-Randy

Well comparing that to the cable that you have to by for the old Zire 72 to do the same thing it is only about $14 more.
    Blazing Troll

I ordered my bluetooth adapter last night for my eTrex. I should have it in a couple of weeks. As soon as I get it I will post the results here and let you know how it worked out.
    Blazing Troll

I got my bluetooth accessory for my eTrex yesterday afternoon in the mail. I hooked it up to my eTrex and set the settings up in my Zire 72 PDA and away it went. It works like a charm. I am happy with it so far. I tested it driving to and from work and it worked great. I want to play with it some more this weekend and may us it driving arouns in the car to find some caches. So if anyone has bluetooth capability with thier PDA and own a eTrex then I can verify that this does work. It is nice not having to worry about cables.
    Blazing Troll

Default New PDA

Well, I decided to "join the club" and join in the PDA fun. I bought a Clie PEG-TG37 from a friend, who's only had it less than 3 months. Great little rig -- has 802.11b wireless built-in (no bluetooth, however). Hopefully I'll be able to find the cables I need to get it hooked up to the GPS so I can play with Streets and other fun things.

Anyone have a good website for PDA/GPS cables? (Edit 1:40pm 8/8/04 - Nevermind -- just looked at attroll's link on his original post -- found the cable I need)

-RanMan22
    Last edited by RanMan22; 08-08-2004 at 01:41 PM.

RanMan22

There is a thread on this site already with people recommending cable site. Here is where the thread is located:
    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...hread.php?t=91
    Blazing Troll