vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Hoamdezinahs
    Teams could not start untill sunrise because they would have to have a pix taken at each cache in the daylight, HeHe
    Not that I think any Mainer's are the type to cheat, but I can take a picture in total darkness with my camera and it's hard to tell if it's daylight or not. This picture, for example, was taken in near darkness in one of the cells at Fort Knox.

It seems it would also be more fair if everyone started from a common point, and if that was the case, couldn't the coords be handed over to the teams that morning, or possibly uploaded from a laptop?

Just my take on it...

Default Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    Rick, I cant help noticing your coin. It's really nice!! But I have noticed the hiker in the foreground is looking down. Is that the look of another DNF?
    Sorry I couldn't resist.
    Does seem to have a dejected look about him doesn't it.
    Happy Trails!

Not all people have a camera that takes daylight like pix at nite, but since yours does, we'll keep an eye on you, HeHe. No mater what we do, if someone want's to cheat they will. But we'll try to keep most people honest. If you have to cheat to win it's a hollow victory, would't you agree. I know someone that has a couple infared game cameras that we could put out at random, we could maybe hook them up to a shotgun, that would teach them not to cheat.
    Except for a couple of us nuts, not many people are into night caching anyway.
    As far as everyone starting out together, that wouldn't work because they would just be following each other around all day. With people starting at different locations, you could, in theory, run the whole event and never see anyone.
    All of the fellow geo-cachers I've met so far seem like nice people. and as long as people enter this event in the spirit it is intended, it'll be a great time. Heck, I've still got a 10 spot in my "Axexanders Challenge" that's been there for 9 months, and no geo-cacher has taken it yot. That speaks honesty to me.
    John

Rick, I cant help noticing your coin. It's really nice!! But I have noticed the hiker in the foreground is looking down. Is that the look of another DNF?
    Sorry I couldn't resist.
    He's looking at the awesome view from the summit of the mountain..... ...can't you see the smile on his face. The other hiker is Tink wanting to get down off that mountain for some cool refreshments.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoamdezinahs
    Not all people have a camera that takes daylight like pix at nite, but since yours does, we'll keep an eye on you, HeHe. No mater what we do, if someone want's to cheat they will. But we'll try to keep most people honest. If you have to cheat to win it's a hollow victory, would't you agree. I know someone that has a couple infared game cameras that we could put out at random, we could maybe hook them up to a shotgun, that would teach them not to cheat.
    Except for a couple of us nuts, not many people are into night caching anyway.
    As far as everyone starting out together, that wouldn't work because they would just be following each other around all day. With people starting at different locations, you could, in theory, run the whole event and never see anyone.
    All of the fellow geo-cachers I've met so far seem like nice people. and as long as people enter this event in the spirit it is intended, it'll be a great time. Heck, I've still got a 10 spot in my "Axexanders Challenge" that's been there for 9 months, and no geo-cacher has taken it yot. That speaks honesty to me.
    John
    I knew I should have taken that 10 spot when I had the chance.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Talking The real message

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    He's looking at the awesome view from the summit of the mountain..... ...can't you see the smile on his face. The other hiker is Tink wanting to get down off that mountain for some cool refreshments.
    What Tink is really saying, " I don't bushwack!! " LOL
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Sorry I couldn't resist.
    Sheesh! Give him a break! He's exhausted. Do you see the difference between his pack and Tink's?

Sorry I couldn't resist.
    That is Funny
    Blazing Troll