vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: TRF . . . sorry to hear about your dog

Default RE: TRF . . . sorry to hear about your dog

Steve . . . how's the family coping with the loss of your dog? Also, were you able to bury her even though the ground is still hard?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Steve . . . how's the family coping with the loss of your dog? Also, were you able to bury her even though the ground is still hard?
    What is this about?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    What is this about?
    When I ran into Steve on Saturday he was telling me how their long-time family dog had died the night before in a rather unexpected fashion . . . seemed like he was pretty close to the ol' girl so I was just checking in to see how he made out since he wasn't sure if the ground would be soft enough to bury her.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Yeah, that's rough losing a dog you've had for so long. I had a few dogs that I was pretty close to that aren't around anymore.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Sorry to hear

I can imagine how tough it is to lose a family pet. I know I'll be heartbroken when I lose Jock. Unfortunately dogs just don't live long enough for my taste.
    Happy Trails!

Thank you for asking FFJ and to you others for your kind words. Families fine, the 5 year old is still a little confused but has finally come up with something she can accept. Yes, managed to dig a suitable grave with pick axe and shovel, frost was only several inches think. We will miss the "Maggie" the dog but she will always have a special place in our hearts.

Thanks Again

Default Our Condolences

Our dog (Dixie) will be 15 on April 5th (Springer Spaniel). They are the most loving and devoted companions. Our sympathies are with your family.

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb
    Our dog (Dixie) will be 15 on April 5th (Springer Spaniel). They are the most loving and devoted companions. Our sympathies are with your family.
    We also have springer spaniels, a pair and they are like members of the family. I know we'd be lost without them and understand what you're going thru as we've lost family pets in the past. Our heartfelt condolences to your whole family Steve, especially the kids.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Default I Have Poodle Mixes

Sorry about your loss. My oldest is going to be 10 this year. All my dogs are poodle mix, I have bad allergies. My mother has a 'full bread' toy poodle thats 14, don't think she will be along much longer. My family has had to bury many critters, last couple years we lost two pigmy goats.

Default Sorry for your loss.....

I had a beagle once for 17 years.....it's difficult losing a pet. I've been lucky, though; many dogs and cats we've had, have been with us for ages before they go. It's too bad they can't keep goin' forever.

My condolences......
    To Cache or NOT to cache.....IS there a question?