vb:literal>

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Maine's 1000th Geocache

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Yes we need to keep posts on friendly level. If foul language is used then it will be edited out as it has been done in the past and will continue to be done. Remember this is a G rated web site, young kids and children log onto this site on occasion. We have never set any ground rules here because we have all been pretty level headed. So lets all stay level headed in our posts.

OK, I think I figured out who the poopyhead is....LOL..... !!!

Thumbs up Really!!

I will admit and most of you will agree, that from time to time we get a little crazy. But I have met and cached with almost everyone who visits here. The Team has not met a cacher or a cache we didn't like. You just gotta meet us all sometime. Come and join us at an event. Hope to meet ALL of the cachers in Maine sooner or later.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default 1000th cache

Did I tell you that I grew up just downthe road from this cache and the building on the right was a lil store for the camp grounds that was there.

Default Lots of Memories About This Place

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDave1998
    Did I tell you that I grew up just downthe road from this cache and the building on the right was a lil store for the camp grounds that was there.
    Some of the posts of the local cachers visiting Pleasant Point have mentioned visiting here in years past. My family had some get togethers here as well and they were always good times. I am glad the site did not end up as house lots. Kudos to the former owners and the Town of Oakland for keeping it accessable to all of us. Thanks for visiting the cache and sharing the info.
    The trouble with doing nothing is that it is hard to know when you're finished.

if i'm not mistaking i also thinks that's the only public accsess point on the lake is it not?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Salmon Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    if i'm not mistaking i also thinks that's the only public accsess point on the lake is it not?
    There is a boat launch in North Belgrade but that is technically on Salmon Lake.
    The trouble with doing nothing is that it is hard to know when you're finished.

Here's an idea about lists that could be useful, but not elitist or exclusive. Look at this link to a bookmark list that Team2Hunt put together describing "short to medium hikes with great views at the top"

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/...3-acd872370add

This seems very helpful. It is good advice, with commentary. It isn't anyone's opinion but the Team's, so a viewer could take it or leave it depending on whether they shared the Team's notion of a "short" hike or a "great view."

So here's my suggestion. What if various local cachers began to assemble lists like this? Like, "Great Ocean views" or "best kayak caches" or "best puzzle caches in Bangor" or "my favorite caches for kids". It wouldn't be anyone's opinion but their own, but it could be useful advice. Then, the service this website could offer would be to collect the links to these bookmark lists and make this list of links searchable by tag, like del.icio.us tags. So a visitor could search by "kayak" or "Bangor" or "mountain" or "puzzle" or "easy" and could get a list of users' bookmark lists. They could then browse the lists and get a sense of caches they might like to visit. No one would be arbitrarily ranking these things. Anyone could submit any list of bookmarks, so no one would be left out. A vistor could get a sense of good kayaking caches, for example, by browsing through several people's kayaking lists; if a cache shows up repeatedly, then that might be a sign that the cache is a good one. We could keep things positive by not linking to a bookmark list that was negative (i.e. "junkiest caches in Southern Maine").

What do you think?

Sounds like I gotta start my own bookmark list I guess.....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by y2ksillin
    Here's an idea about lists that could be useful, but not elitist or exclusive. Look at this link to a bookmark list that Team2Hunt put together describing "short to medium hikes with great views at the top"

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/...3-acd872370add

This seems very helpful. It is good advice, with commentary. It isn't anyone's opinion but the Team's, so a viewer could take it or leave it depending on whether they shared the Team's notion of a "short" hike or a "great view."

So here's my suggestion. What if various local cachers began to assemble lists like this? Like, "Great Ocean views" or "best kayak caches" or "best puzzle caches in Bangor" or "my favorite caches for kids". It wouldn't be anyone's opinion but their own, but it could be useful advice. Then, the service this website could offer would be to collect the links to these bookmark lists and make this list of links searchable by tag, like del.icio.us tags. So a visitor could search by "kayak" or "Bangor" or "mountain" or "puzzle" or "easy" and could get a list of users' bookmark lists. They could then browse the lists and get a sense of caches they might like to visit. No one would be arbitrarily ranking these things. Anyone could submit any list of bookmarks, so no one would be left out. A vistor could get a sense of good kayaking caches, for example, by browsing through several people's kayaking lists; if a cache shows up repeatedly, then that might be a sign that the cache is a good one. We could keep things positive by not linking to a bookmark list that was negative (i.e. "junkiest caches in Southern Maine").

What do you think?
    I think it sounds like a good idea, would someone have to be in charge of it to add caches, or would it be a page everyone can log onto to add their cache?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Thumbs up Thanks

The Team and Kaching Karen love to hike, short ones anyway. And there are so many caches out there. I decided to make a list of short hikes with great views. We enjoy the area as much as the hunt. Start your own book list today, and be sure to " share " it with us.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.