vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Timeliness in logging

Lightbulb On time logging

If you are an FTF nut, you get what this sport gives you. When you venture to a cache trying to be first, and find the chicken butt smiling at you, and it has NOT been logged. Too bad!! There are NO RULES in this sport. Smile and know that you have been beaten. The Team has logged many miles looking for coins only to find it's NOT in the cache. Oh well. We enjoyed the time outside and the hunt we were given. I am trying to plan an FTF Event. That way 30-40 people will get the CO-FTF.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I can't speak to what others do, but only to what I do.

First and foremost I would imagine this issue is most likely most applicable to those folks looking to log a FTF . . . although I suspect it could also apply to someone who wants to get a particular TB, geocoin or trade good for their collection.

I personally log my find as soon as possible, which is usually when I get home or the next morning if it is late . . . but this is just me. Since I have only had a few FTFs this is not such a big issue.

The way I look at it . . . you take your chances when you head out hoping to get the FTF . . . you may be beat to the cache by minutes, hours or even days depending on when the GCer logs their find.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

This could delay things a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	serverdown.gif 
Views:	165 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	123