vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noreasta Celebrates 4 years!

Talking Noreasta Celebrates 4 years!

With all the talk lately about caching 4 years ago, I thought it would be appropriate to share that Noreasta is celebrating his 4 year caching anniversary when the clock strikes midnight tonight.

Happy 4 Year Caching Anniversary!
    Hope you enjoy another 4 years (or more) of caching fun!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Yes, it has been a great four years, since I did my first cache ( MT. Piscah ) (not sure how to spell it) in Winthrop, Maine was my first and i had dropped my gps half way up the hike to the peak and did not realize it. Of course, now being an expierienced cacher, I do things a bit different. ( No paper for one) I actually had to go half way back down and pick it up and continiue back to the cache. Oh the stories i can tell over the years. Then there was the tick story after doing caches in the portland area and retreating to Moodys diner on the way home with a couple of friends whom were caching also. when a tick jumped off my arm and KB1AES tried to smash it with a ketchup bottle on a saturday nite when families were eating thier bean dinners, wow that was exciting with four of us crammed in a booth trying to get out making a racket. Boy! did we get some strange looks. One of my best may have been on top of Blue Hill over looking the prettiest bay in the world ( PENOBSCOT BAY) or was in Aroostook state park on top of MT. at the ASP cache over looking the potato field. I could go on an on as i am sure everyone else could. Things have not been the same since i have discovered caching, it has been, one of the best hobbies I have discovered in my Life so far. If not the best, I would even dare to compare it to one of my other best hobbies of Ham RADIO, i have met great people and discovered things and places in Maine that most Mainers will never see. If only people would realize how much they are missing out. ALthough i would not want to push my fun and hobbies on others. Four years and all corners of Maine, I must admit i am lacking in caches in the KEZAR Lake area, South western maine. Jackman area and many many others spots that i am sure will only increase with time, I now truly can say that i do not cache for the numbers as i used to do , when i didnt take the time to enjoy the cache locations, I try to enjoy the caches that i do no matter if they take longer to get to, IT's ABOUT ENJOYING THE CACHES I FIND AND NOT ABOUT LOGGING AS MANY AS I CAN. ITS NOT ABOUT THE NUMBERS NO MORE. REALLY< I hope i can continue with this hobbie for a long while and continue to meet great folks. Of all the years i have only came across one cach that had been tampered with and replace with some no so nice things written. ALL and ALL, Maine Caching is safe and very rewarding. I havent figured out a way yet to incorperate it into my new rediscovered hobbie of golf. but you better believe i will have each hole marked as a way point and Know how far away i am from the every pin.. Sorry for going on and on and i hope i didnt get too deep on the subject. See you on the trails
    Maybe you all have a short story to share over your career of caching that you could share with us???

Default It's been a pleasure

I've enjoyed the times we've cached together Steve. One of my best memories was doing Ft Halifax with you and Judy. Don't you remember how stressful it was retrieving the container. But we managed to just stand there while Judy did the dirty work for us. Hope to see you again soon. Don't let that chasing the little white ball thingy take you away from this hobby too much.. But yes caching has taken me to parts and things in Maine and beyond that I may never have witnessed otherwise. From the plane crash sights to the POW camps to the mountain tops to the hidden coves and bays. I love them all. I've cached in Canada and all the way down to South Carolina, and I still say this is the way I personally like to cache. That's why I said "Maine is the way caching should be" It's never been about the containers it's always been about the journey to me.
    Happy Trails!

Default Way to go!

Congratulations Steve....what a great accomplishment! Your charter cacher distinction has always been impressive. LOL I feel privileged to have cached with you during those years.

I remember a tick smashing incident myself. It was at Panera Bread in Portland and that little guy had no chance of survival at the hands of We3Beans on the front counter as we paid for our food.

Hey way to go Steve!!! It doesn't seem so long ago when we first met and you were like the Top Dog of Geocaching around these parts, except for maybe Brdad but he is the one who showed me how to use my GPS in the beginning. I said to myself, heck I'll never get THAT many caches and now it seems I have more than you have. How times flies huh? So it's going to be GOLF now huh. Before caching it was GOLF for me. Just the opposite. Hey it's been a blast Steve and I hope we can get together for some more caching soon.

PS I think your Duck Trap River Preserve cache is one of the most beautiful walks in the month of June when all the Lupines are in bloom than any other cache in the state.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeep TB 038 (Small).jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	121  
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6

PS I think your Duck Trap River Preserve cache is one of the most beautiful walks in the month of June when all the Lupines are in bloom than any other cache in the state.
    Although we didn't do this one in June, we still found it to be a very nice walk. As you've all heard before....."Its a place we otherwise wouldn't have found if it wasn't for geocaching" Congrats on your fours years!!
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

d’76 Guest

It's been great caching with you and lots of fun Your a great guy Mike (HEHEHE)

So anyway to the years ahead and great caching

Dave and Constance

CONGRATS!!! THAT'S LIKE 28YEARS TO A DOG!! so technically you've been caching longer than i've been alive! unless you count my age in dog years too, but hey... it's not all about the numbers!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Congrats Steve . . . and for the record you interview well and are a great representative to this activity.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Congratulations Steve, and nice talking to you yesterday. I might actually have to go paperless after seeing how easy it is