vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geocaching.com down

Default Geocaching.com down

Geocaching.com is down for maintenance on a Sunday night??? Sounds like all the weekend logs crashed the server.

I was on gc.com early this afternoon and it was VERY slow in loading and sometimes it timed out.

Boo hoo hoo - the whole drive home I was dreaming about all the things I was planning to say - awwwwwwwwww
    ~ Beach Comber ~

I hate logging things on Sunday nites anyway. Nothing more frustrating than getting your whole entry typed then get a time out and have to start all over again, or just give up like I usually do. I type by Columbus method anyway- seek and find one letter at a time.

YOP

They are back online now but verrrrry slow.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ye Olde Prospector
    I hate logging things on Sunday nites anyway. Nothing more frustrating than getting your whole entry typed then get a time out and have to start all over again, or just give up like I usually do. I type by Columbus method anyway- seek and find one letter at a time.

YOP
    When the site is acting up I highlight my text, right click, and copy before I hit the submit button. That way all I have to do is paste if i have to start over.

I usually load all my cache pages in different tabs, write all my logs and submit all the pages at once. I wonder if that's why the site gets slow for everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ye Olde Prospector

YOP
    I know what you mean! Here's a statagey to try: Just before posting, select all of the text, press cntrl c, then hit the submit button. If the post does not go through, try again but press cntrl v in the log.

Edit: Ooops, LaughingTerry just said the same thing! Sorry for the double post.

OK, it's decided. We make our log entries AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, except on
    Sunday evenings! LOL!

Thanks for the suggestions on copy and paste. But I'll be the first to admit I am not computer savvy. I never even mastered a typewriter. Not many of my friends even have a computer and a lot of them never even get hooked up to the internet. My oldest son (the computer guru) builds computer systems,does programming, etc. etc, but is useless on explaining how to do anything, (simple as he calls it) on the computer. In fact he built my whole system and will troubleshoot any problems I encounter, but thats about it.Hard for an old dog to learn new tricks but I try anyhow. Thanks again.

Cliff