vb:literal>

Thread: Great caches

d’76 Guest

Default Great caches

Hey All, the geopals did some great caching today in the Unity area and I wanted to take a second and thank Firefighter Jake for a couple of real great ones. I really enjoyed the two of yours that I was able to get to one was Before Lizzie Borden and the other was Future Home of Firefighter JAke, very cool I hope you dont plan on moving to soon. I think the veiw might not be worth the sacrifice.

Letting Firefighter Jake know I was impressed with his caches was on my agenda for today as well. A lot of information and very well written cache descriptions. Decent locations to boot and ammo boxes to top it off were the icing on the cake.

Thanks for the atta-boys guys, but I can't take all of the credit . . . I waited before I put out my first few caches and saw what worked (ammo boxes) and what didn't (cheap plastic "tupperware") and also thought long and hard about what I liked about caching (scenic view, personal story, historical significance, etc.) and what I didn't (no view, a cache placed just because someone wanted to place a cache, etc.) . . . and then I placed the caches there -- I would like to think that I learned from others who set the example . . . of both good and bad caches (fortunately these are to me the exception rather than the rule.)

I've got several other places to drop in some caches in the area as well and will be teaming up with TRF to do at least one since he expressed interest in historical-based caches . . . I've got one or two that should be out soon . . . and this time they will be a little closer to the Bangor Area (which I'm sure Dave will like! )

I also have to admit . . . so far I too love where I've placed the caches -- but then again I am a bit biased.

Dave . . . It may be some time before I move out to my future home as I want to take my time and get things right before I go there.

Brdad . . . At least one of those caches should have seemed pretty familiar to you since you were the inspiration behind one of those hides and I can imagine you know which one . . . thanks for allowing me to "steal" (maybe "borrow" is a better word choice) your idea.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."