vb:literal>

Thread: Wealth of Information

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Wealth of Information

While at the fantastic geo-event yesterday, I talked with a few people about websites that they like for geocaching or gps related activities. There are lots out there and perhaps this is a good way to share the wealth of information that we collectively have. Here is a cool one that I recently learned about from a friend...

http://www.confluence.org/

"The project is an organized sampling of the world - to visit each of the latitude and longitude integer degree intersections in the world, and to take pictures at each location. The pictures and stories are then posted. There is a confluence within 49 miles (79 km) of you if you're on the surface of Earth. We've discounted confluences in the oceans and some near the poles, but there are still 12,869 to be found."

I look forward to hearing about others!

My daughter and I just visited our first confluence point near the Aziscohos geocache on July 29. Our most remote cache to date! I couldn't get exactly to the confluence without going in the water, but I am content with about 150' away on the shore. Beautiful area up there!

I've been interested in this project for some time. RULOST2? and I will be vacationing in northern Quebec later this month, where there are a lot of confluences that have not been logged. Maybe we'll get lucky...