vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Maine Geocoin

d’76 Guest

I dont know how the rest of you feel, but I love this picture the the mountain.

Default Maine outline

d’76 Guest

I hate to be a pain but since I am so good at it, could you (Andy) maybe give us some cost...?

If we make it trackable
    If we use the shape of the state
    If we change the color
    If we change the back

Awesome! I think voting for what is on the back is a great way to go. There has been so much interest in Katahdin, that I wouldn't be surprised if that would be the first pick. I agree with Team Afrofish and their points. I am not interested in a state shaped coin at all - I have seen many pictures of coins that are not round and don't really care for them. I think I remember that one of the reasons that we went with the coin we did is so that it would be simple to change the back while leaving the front the same. I like the idea of keeping it consistent in that regard, but having the back change.

Lots of ideas around this topic, I'm sure!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Hi Dave1976,

Nice Katahdin picture. I have been looking for one like it to see if thru a little digital magic we might be able to get a nice bull moose wading in the pond in the foreground, it would make a good design for the 2006 coin back. Just a suggestion. I think we should stick with our original coin shape also.

Cliff

I think I like round more than shaped, but no real preference.

I'd like to see Mt. Katahdin, a Pine tree, or some other icon of the Maine woods.

I'm in favor of gc.com tracking and a Maine icon, but would not be disappointed if the consensus is otherwise.

I'd like to see a gold or bronze colored coin this time.

The front design is great, no need to change it!

The shape of the state of Maine is a good idea, however, wouldn't we be leaving out all the island dwelling cachers? I think it should be representative of the whole state. Mt. Katahdin is also a good choice since a coastal scene was used on the 05 coins.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

d’76 Guest

Cliff,

I have many many Moose photos, If you think that you can do something with the Mountain and a moose I can send you copies on a cd so you wont loose the quality
    As soon as the vegitation starts on th ebottom I will have more great moose shots aswell

Check out these moose and let me know what you think

Yes we should do another coin for 2006. But I don't think we should jump into it right now. We just got the 2005 coins done. We should space them apart a little I think.

On another note Katahdin would be good. But just a heads up we (Blazing Trolls) have our own coin coming out in about May and it is in the design stages now and Tess at Coins and Pins is finalizing the art work as I type this. We have Katahdin on the back of our coin. I just wanted to let you know this. So if you still want to put Katahdin on the back then you are more then welcome to. I just wanted you to know that another coin is already going to have Katahdin on the back.
    Blazing Troll