vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Maine Geocoin

Default 2006 Maine Geocoin

All right, here I go...

People are already asking about the 2006 coin, so I thought I'd start off the thread.
    -Do we want the same front (on a round coin) as last year? The design is paid for.

-Cameo had a great suggestion to do the coin in the shape of Maine instead of round. A minor die fee is involved, but would make a neat looking coin.

-What do we want on the back? Katahdin, chick-a-dee, toll-booth?

-There were many requests last year for a trackable coin. This would add to the price of the coin, but it would have it's own icon and be trackable.

-Different metal finishes? The silver cladding we used last year is very durable, holds up in the weather (in caches), but doesn't "pop" an image out as well as other finishes (e.g. brushed copper)
    (BTW, I have examples of the 2005 coin in gold, silver and brushed if anyone wants to see the difference)

Postage went up in Jan, but there is some money left from last years coin that may off-set the increase. I'll know more when we get a design figured out.

Fire away...

i thought you would never ask! i'm so excited! i like cameo's suggestion of the state of maine shape, but i don't really care what it looks like or what is on the back.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Default My opinion

I like the idea of a Maine shaped coin if we make them trackable. That would be unique. Other than that they can be round as before. I won't try and send on out on it's own anyway so that doesn't make any difference to me. I will vote for Katahdin since we represented the coast last year. Other than that I'm fine on whatever finish the majority wants. I'd like to see them out sooner than later if at all possible. Good work Andy as always.
    Happy Trails!

d’76 Guest

I like the Maine shape and I like the Idea of Kathadin on the back(those are my stomping grounds so I would be) I suggest making a poll of what to put on the back and that way it's majority vote and it is fair. I loved the3 coin that you should Brad and I that day at your shop. I think it was gold or a varition of.

Thanks Andy,

I thought that Hiram was the man but I take that back and now you are, Sorry Hiram.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I like the idea of a Maine shaped coin if we make them trackable. That would be unique. Other than that they can be round as before. I won't try and send on out on it's own anyway so that doesn't make any difference to me. I will vote for Katahdin since we represented the coast last year. Other than that I'm fine on whatever finish the majority wants. I'd like to see them out sooner than later if at all possible. Good work Andy as always.
    Not to get off topic but that was Brads 600 post. Congrats man

Default Suggestions for a new coin...

Last year's coin was so nice it would be tough to improve on. I really liked it clean look. So many of the coins that are coming out are so gobbed with colored spots I think it loses something.

Having it be the shape of the state would be interesting but I don't think necessary. I really liked the Portland Headlight image on the back based on a photograph. I'd love to see something similar with an image from Katadin. I thought silver material was really sharp so I wouldn't be quick to change it.

The prospect of a geocaching.com trackable coin with an icon is very exciting to me.

Just my opinions.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    I thought that Hiram was the man but I take that back and now you are, Sorry Hiram.

Now wait, I don't want to take the man title from Hiram, he earned it

d’76 Guest

OBTW, I have lots of katahdin pics if your interested

Sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take 5.

Default Woo Hoo

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Not to get off topic but that was Brads 600 post. Congrats man
    Damn I talk alot! Yeah 601
    Happy Trails!