vb:literal>

Thread: Mapsource BETA download

Default Mapsource BETA download

I have a Garmin GPS map7CS. It is a brand new replacement to one that kept shutting down. The last one worked great as far as navigation but this one is not. Has anyone else tried the 4.06 Beta . That is the only thing I did differently and I am still waiting for a reply from Garmin. Its been a week now.

Fuddgirls,

I have the Beta software on both the 60CS and the 60CSx and have had no problems.

Team Teebow 1
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls
    I have a Garmin GPS map7CS. It is a brand new replacement to one that kept shutting down. The last one worked great as far as navigation but this one is not. Has anyone else tried the 4.06 Beta . That is the only thing I did differently and I am still waiting for a reply from Garmin. Its been a week now.
    What is it doing/not doing?

It must be the unit. It just won't settle down and a lot of the time the location arrow shows me facing or walking in the complete opposite direction. I thought it was power lines, the BNAS, trees, but it was even worse in Connecticut this past weekend in the open with 5 satelites.

My 60csX does the same thing until I recalibrate the electronic compass. Then it settles down and works fine. I have started recalibrating it every time I get out of the car. It's easy enough, just do the hokey pokey. LOL Twice around and it's calibrated.

Not to go off topic but Clyde has just released a new Beta for the "X" series of Garmins as well for GSAK if anyone is interested. Here is the link to that thread in his support forum:

http://www.gsak.net/board/index.php?...=0&#entry10386
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry
    My 60csX does the same thing until I recalibrate the electronic compass. Then it settles down and works fine. I have started recalibrating it every time I get out of the car. It's easy enough, just do the hokey pokey. LOL Twice around and it's calibrated.
    I too had to do this with my Garmin RINO 130, I do it as a matter of habit now and it settles right down .

Also......my theory about the Hokey Pokey might be right.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Thanks Laughing Terry. I'll try it. Hope I don't look too foolish "Put your whole self in...."

Default Foolish???

We already know your silly!!!! Quote from another post;

"Its gotten so that every morning I put the computer on when he leaves for work at 5 to see where the new caches are "

Team Teebow
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......