vb:literal>

View Poll Results: When you're looking for a good smaller cache container what would you use?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lock N' Lock containers

13 61.90%
  • Nalgene bottle

3 14.29%
  • Other

3 14.29%
  • It doesn't really matter what the container is to me

2 9.52%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RE: Container Thoughts. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    HAHA!! no it wasn't going to shock anyone but now that you mention it i think i'll make a special FTF suprise!!

and to keep on topic, the military supply in Newport has the cheapest ammo cans around.... well had... i cleaned em out of 30cal, but they're getting more, they also have the 50cal and the really really big ones, the 30cal were only $4 and the larger ones were like $5 to $10
    The guy I spoke to today on the phone at Newport said they were out and he had no idea of when they would be getting more of the smaller cans in.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

haha, guess i put the hurtin's on them... the person at the store that day was an older woman that might not have known when they were actually getting more.. but she told me they come and go... in this case they went...but they do have a lot of cool stuff in there anyways.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Maine Military Surplus in Newport and Bangor have them usually. I like the Brewer one better, but they are not cheap there, $7 for a .50 cal I think. Mardens often has them as well, and cheaper. I was at the one in Ellsworth last week and they had a bunch of the smaller ".30 cal" boxes and a size a little larger than the ".50 cal" boxes. I think they were $3 and $5, respectively.

I checked around and Marden's in Ellsworth still has the ammo boxes . . . and a steal at $1.99 for the small containers! I stocked up and bought 9 of them for future caches . . . there's still half a pallet of the smaller ammo boxes though if anyone is interested in making the trip.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I checked around and Marden's in Ellsworth still has the ammo boxes . . . and a steal at $1.99 for the small containers! I stocked up and bought 9 of them for future caches . . . there's still half a pallet of the smaller ammo boxes though if anyone is interested in making the trip.
    well, i'm heading out west for a week tomorrow, they'll probably be gone by the time i get back... someone should go up there and buy em all then sell em for like $3.50 ((which is still pretty dirt cheap)to cover the cost of gas to drive up there!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    well, i'm heading out west for a week tomorrow, they'll probably be gone by the time i get back... someone should go up there and buy em all then sell em for like $3.50 ((which is still pretty dirt cheap)to cover the cost of gas to drive up there!)
    I actually thought about picking up a bunch and turning around and selling them for $3, but I figured with my Irish luck I'd end up with about 50 ammo cans that no one would want and my wife would have killed me for spending the money and cluttering up the house.

How far out west are you going if I may be so bold to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I actually thought about picking up a bunch and turning around and selling them for $3, but I figured with my Irish luck I'd end up with about 50 ammo cans that no one would want and my wife would have killed me for spending the money and cluttering up the house.

How far out west are you going if I may be so bold to ask?
    I'm going all the way out to the scorching tropical flatlands of OHIO!!!